Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    1.8T quattro sline

Status

Loss of power on 1.8t

Was driving today enjoying the pleasures of the turbo,all was fine until got on to slip road of motorway when put foot down and nothing it was all flat and no woosh felt like a 1.0 litre. Feck I thought called a mate he suggests stop and turn car off and then turn car back on to see if it resets itself. Yes got the turbo back but now i get a like scraping sound when the turbo kicks in. Me mate had a listen and reckons egr valve phoned a german independant garage he thinks a boost pipe loose or split. Anybody had the same problem on theres ? and what was wrong? Cheers

Anyway its going to audi tomorow for them to fix as i have only 2 days of warrenty left, glad I got the car out today nearly didnt cause it might of rained. So just in time or could have faced a hefty bill.

2. # ADS
    ADS

***** rent boy

Status
    From what you've described it sounds as though the turbo has blown.

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    A blown turbo is that possible the car has only done 12400 miles , my neighbour a member on here Mcgough thinks egr valve and I didnt see any smoke come out of exhausts but hey I aint got any mechanical knowledge at all so what would i know . and totally gutted its my toy and thats the first trouble ive had with it will find out from audi dropping it of later, and find out what really is at fault . cheers

***** rent boy

Status
    I'm afraid so, my turbo went at 30,000 which isn't a high amount of mileage by any means.

I got no smoke as the turbo didn't completely fail, but I had no boost and the grinding drill noise when the turbo spooled. It may not be your turbo, but it certainly does sound like it at the moment.

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Whatever it is you've got it in the dealer under warranty so no bill to face! Heard several stories of people finding split hoses and tiny pipes causing the turbo's to not work properly, hopefully wont be too serious so its not out of action for long.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles
    Whatever it is you've got it in the dealer under warranty so no bill to face! Heard several stories of people finding split hoses and tiny pipes causing the turbo's to not work properly, hopefully wont be too serious so its not out of action for long.
    To be honest if it was me, Id hope for the worse and atleast then you get a new turbo....with further warrenty!!!!

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    It is now dropped off at audi, took a tech out for a listen and reckons egr but will vag-com to see what comes up, will find out soon enough.

4th Gear

Status
    would a knackered turbo show up on a vag-com ?

***** rent boy

Status
    VAG-com only detects electrical issues.

4th Gear

Status
    you havnt done the copex mod have you ?

only joking

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851
    you havnt done the copex mod have you ?

only joking
    Aint done nothing just get too drive it rarely and 1 minute nice turbo feeling the next nothing but then again i do have the hofele bumper fitted would that affect any airflow towards the engine and cause any problems.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4 TC
    Aint done nothing just get too drive it rarely and 1 minute nice turbo feeling the next nothing but then again i do have the hofele bumper fitted would that affect any airflow towards the engine and cause any problems.

na the bumper wouldnt make any difference
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

4th Gear

Status
    av u heard anything
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    wont find out till monday to confirm , all i got from service reception was looks like a new turbo.

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    picking car up tomorow, It had new turbo, waterpump and solenoid valve fitted all under warranty . But found out the warranty on them parts fitted will expire when the original warranty expires is that correct? I dont fancy paying 650 for a years extended warranty from audi that i might not be using!

4th Gear

Status
    no mate the new parts should have there own individual warranty if its tyneside audi your using i am not suprised they are trying to pull a fast one they are part of the same group as teeside audi who i have had nowt but bother with not to put to fine a point on it teeside are **** no customer care at all
    Last edited by jase0851; 4th October 2007 at 14:18.

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    yes it is tyneside audi . I will question them again about warranty on the parts fitted when i pickup tomorrow.