To DIS or not to DIS, that is the question

motosparkz

Reaction score
Website
www.motosparkz.co.uk
Hi gang,

Well, we done it now!! Put a deposit on the old B6 A4 Avant Quattro today, hopefully picking it up next weekend.

Now, question, it has cruise control & the DIS style central display, but does not have the wiper stalk control to get mpg etc. Is it a case of just getting the wiper arm & programming it in to run full on board comp, or is there more to it than this.

Sorry if it's a daft question, but never had an Audi before, (hey, haven't got one yet till next weekend:lmfao: )

Cheers gang, & please, expect more daft questions from someone who will figure things out, albeit maybe with a bit of help!!

Shane, (York)

I asked the same question when I purchased mine and I believe it cannot be done. Sorry:sorry:

What complete moron spec'd the car with cruise control but no computer?
TBH I thought it was standard on anything above the most basic models

It can be done. I have read other threads on here describing the process - new stalk, possibly need a new steering wheel processor, and then some re-programming through VAG-COM.

:jump: Oy AndyMac ---- that moron was my dad!!!

Only kidding:) , nah the guy I am getting the car off was pretty miffed when he bought it as he was sort of misinformed/not told that the car didn't have the computer, or rear electric windows.

Salesperson just forgot to mention these, although you would have thought that when he spec'd the leather interior, the electric sunroof & symphony 2, the sales bod would have mentioned the windows & computer.... heyho.

Cheers for the answers guys, so I just need to suss this out now. Does anyone who knows, know if the steering computer I have will be compatible, seeing as I have cruise, to be coded for DIS as well. Is there any listings anywhere of what computer model no' it has to be. ((DOH, excuse the edit, but just seen shark 90's post & he lists the computer part no'.))

Seems weird with the car being an SE & all.

Cheers again fellas

Shane, (York)

opps I stand corrected although seems like a lot of hard work:faint:

thought it would b right up your street ian youve done a few retro-fits

Jase, I would love to have a go at this and the elec rear windows but a few other mods needed before, like silver dash trim. light tints all round etc etc, anyway how are these seats of yours????

ok need to get the looms for the seat heating i av a list of stuff 2 do on my cas aswell u still liking the alcantara