Steering Wheel/Airbag

celly

Reaction score
Hello Yes,

I bought a B6 2001 51 reg 2.0 about 6 months ago. It has a 3 spoke S-Line steering wheel. Ever since I bought it the airbag light has been on and the horn hasnt worked. When I got it serviced the mechanic said the current steering wheel airbag was incorrect, because of this the connectors for the airbag/horn do not match up.

I can get hold of a 2007 B7 RS4 steering wheel, does anyone know if this will fit my car and will the connectors be correct for the horn & airbag?

Cheers

no mate if an s-line one doesnt fit connector wise the rs4 1 deffinately wont just get the right connector and wire it up, i did this when i put a 2004 s4 b6 steering wheel on my 2000 a4 b5 and didnt have any probs. you will also need to reset the airbag system when you have sorted it out cos when the airbag light on the dash is lit the rest of the airbags are deactivated either a dealer or someone with a vag-com can do this for you

swap it for my 4 spoke wheel and air bag ! ! !
There is a four wire plug that goes into the slip ring if this is not plugged in, you'll get the same symptoms as you've got.
HTH