AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Help!!!

sage33e

Status

Help!!!

What a nightmare! Audi dealers that I bought my A4 2.5 TDI (03) from in July have said that they are not prepared to change the cambelt water pump etc, despite it being part of the condition of sale to me. The salesperson assured me that it would be done prior to sale. When I received the car, the paperwork was not with it, so I demanded that it be given to me on my return from holiday (I left on hols the day after I received the car).

On returning, I took it back to Audi and asked for all the work to be done that I had requested prior to buying the car. They then stalled and were seemingly unwilling to do it. I got a call today saying that there had been a mistake and this car needed its cambelt changed at 80k rather than 60k (I bought the car with 55k on the clock - and obviously wanted it done at this time.)

On the 12th July I received an email from Audi technical services saying that my car should have its belts changed at 60k. I emailed this to the dealers, but to no effect. They seem to say that the advice given by audi has changed in the meantime, so they are currently apologising for their 'mistake'.

I don't want the car if they aren't prepared to do it, but it would realy p%ss me off to have to hand it back.

Any advice please?!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

***** rent boy

Status
    Call Audi UK, and put in a formal complaint if you have to.

However, it's your word against theirs if there was no written contract.

sage33e

Status
    Yep, that's what I thought. It seems that they really need to sort out their advice re. this cambelt problem. I have an email from Audi UK referring to the registration plate of my car saying that it must be changed at 60k. That'll hold a bit of sway over them....I'll keep u posted...

Ta for the advice!

Status
    Yes, I had some emergency work done at a VW dealer 2 weeks ago (refused to take it to Audi) and at the top of the receipt (and all their receipts) it very clearly states that all cambelts need to be changed every 60k or 4 years.
    I'd call their bluff and ask them when they would like the car back for a full refund. The job is nearly all labour so it won't cost them anything to do the work.

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    I'd get jump all over them personally! A verbally agreed term of sale is as good as a written one, if they agreed to do the work then thats what they are legally bound to do, else the contract is null & void. I'd give Audi UK a full on complaint as 1st call, see what they say. If they're stalling on things threaten legal action, they're taking the p1ss!!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

4th Gear

Status
    audi uk cant make the dealer do anything, but they can put some pressure on to do what they said they would. i am still waiting for a new alloy as teeside audi,s bodyshop scratched mine and hologramed my entire car i have waited 6 weeks already and thats with audi uk,s help and its still not sorted ! ya cant beat good service
    Last edited by jase0851; 18th September 2007 at 17:57.

sage33e

Status
    I phoned the Helpdesk at Audi and would you believe they spoke to the lady who had sent the email saying that the belt needs to be changed at 60k and she denies ever sending it!! Apparently, no case file was set up to deal with my request. I politely stated that this was not my problem and that I would email and fax my message to her. The dealer is simply going by Audi's advice (changed in May 07) that the belt should be changed at 80k on this model.

I'm not having any of it though, so we'll see what happens tomorrow...

Looks like a few of you have had one or two problems too...thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how it pans out.

Status
    "A verbally agreed term of sale is as good as a written one"
    apart from the fact that one is legally binding and the other isn't

I seem to remember all diesel engines require cambelt change at 60k, it's in the service schedule. It was only 1.8T's that were ever 80k

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Sage33e....I own a Nov 2003 Audi A4 Avant 2.5TDi Quattro Sport.....I contacted Audi UK and was assured that the cambelt, water pump, tensioners, etc, is supposed to be changed at 80k miles.....age was not an issue...mileage is the issue ! I asked for it in writing...never got it :-(

I checked with Preston Audi (spoke to the Service Manager), they checked their records in August 2007, and they were adament that the belt on the V6 2.5TDi engine is changed at 80K miles, not after 4 years.......my car has only done 30K, I am definately changing it at 50K....

sage33e

Status
    Audi say that their advice to dealers was changed in May 07 and depends to a certain extent on chassis numbers as well. However, I faxed them the email that I had received in relation to the change of cambelt at 60k and Audi UK decided to honour this as I had it in black and white. So, they are to contact the dealer and I will organise a time to book it in.
    Good stuff really as it's saved me a packet. However, I'll still change it at 80k as well - just to be on the safe side.

Goes to show that you have to keep all your emails!!!!

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    I rang about my 2.5tdi and was told 80k. Which is when I changed it. It was 4 years old too.
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!