AH FabricationsChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

rear springs.......

my father-in-law has a b6 a4 1.9tdi saloon, and has recently purchased a set of rear springs to aid in the towing of his caravan they fit inside the existing springs to stop the car from sagging. But he needs something similar to this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MC-PHERSON-STR...ViewItem#pgTop
    to fit them, but doesnt want to shell out the money for it to use only once.....has any one got any ideas? or come across a similar problem.
    03' S4
    00' A4 1.8TQS (sold)
    Seat Ibiza GTI (track day car) (sold)
    Seat Leon (her car)
    DRZ 400S

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    That particular coil spring compressor is not suitable, you need the next one up rated 2200 kg as the A4 1.9 TDI spring is rated to 1200 kg (with that compressor only being rated 1100kg)

Do not play about with these springs, better get a garage to do the job, or buy the right compressor, do not mess about with these springs, I have taken them off my A4 with the right tool before and it's not simple even with the right tool, rather do it right than having it blow up in your face.

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    You dont need a spring compressor for the rear, only the fronts.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja