Orange engine light/gearbox problem

pembo1976

Reaction score
Hi all,
After getting the orange engine managment light cleared last week (the guy told me it was just a blip?) it has reared its ugly head again. The car seems to be running fine so I took it back and got a rundown of the DTC's. The print out reads as follows:
#1 fault: 16486 : Air mass meter -G70:signal too low Sporadic fault.
#2 fault: 18062 : Please interrogate fault memory of combi-instrument Sporadic fault. (When this was looked at it came back with 'coolant temp gauge sender -G2 Open/short circuit to positive/sporadic fault).**
#3 fault:16795 secondary air system through flow defective
#4 Error in mapped cooling system(usually temp sensor or thermostat)

**This fault is the only one I'm aware of as the temp gauge flits around sometimes*Easy fix?

I also have a coolant leak which ive had the car up on ramps and its coming from the back of the engine below a large black pipe about 5 inches from the top of the engine. its pretty conjested to attack it from the top? is there anything to watch out for when removing pipes/wiring?

So needless to say I'm a bit worried about the volume of faults!

Also I'm finding it harder to get into gear when stationary, especially first and reverse, its not too bad if I'm moving slowly but sometimes when I stop I have to force it in.??

any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.

2002 A4 1.8T quattro sport.52,000 miles

Ive got exactly the same problem with the coolant leak aswell it seems to be in the same place as you described so antbody out there with any help on this would be appreciated twice.:sos:

I had the exact same leak on my old 1.8T. The part was cheap enough I think about £15 and the mechainc did do it from the top without having to take anthing off if I recall correctly although it was a tricky job.

Its just a plastic pipe that lets the coolant return from the engine. Theres a rubber seal that sits in the block that perishes after a while. Ive heard this happen to a few 1.8Ts.

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll have a stab at that then, sounds simple enough.

Cheers.