Which wheels? 18" or 19"

ldw

Reaction score
About to purchase some RS4 genuine wheels for my S4 being delivered on Friday. What size would you recommend and any gotchas? Thanks

Yes 19's all the way.

Genuine gonna cost you a fortune though....saying that, You can afford them if you having a S4!!

If you can afford it get 19's! OEM's have gotta hurt the bank balance, how much are they costing if you dont mind me asking??

19's all the way, look so much more imposing than 18's.

Going into my second S4 Avant tonight, first one with another member of the forum.

Well I did win a set of genuine 18" on Ebay but the guy has not got back to me as yet. Final price £790 with tyres.

Am going to wait a few weeks before posting pics, I got the car at trade price so there are a few dings to sort out first. Been out today for a good spin and it is so much fun overtaking. After being in a 535D for a year, it is a complete relief.

Mods to happen soon: Tints, dings sorted, arm rest fitted, ipod kit, parking sensors, RS4 wheels
Mods to happen eventually: Remap, and maybe Milltek again. Wifey noticed immediately it was quieter than before and I might not be able to sneak that upgrade past her!

Why did you get rid of the 1st one you had??
Them 535d's are still shifty though wouldnt you say, Obviously not like the S4.
Just post pics because then we will see the Improvement you have achieved in few weeks time!be a devil..

OK, will give it a good clean tomorrow and show you all.

Got rid of the last one as I didnt get on with the manual gearbox with all the miles I was doing. Tip is superb, very responsive from a standing start which can be a problem with autos. The 535D is very quick indeed, just no fun round corners and the sound was just not doing it for me, however but great at tearing up the motorway.

Sorry to hjack slightly but looking to get a set of 19's for a 2001 Audi A4 TDI Saloon. There are no problems with fitting these straight on are there? I read somewhere a few weeks back that you needed to widen wheel arches, hack the inside of the wheel arch to make room etc. Thats not true is it?

What about turning circle, is it reduced at all?

Pics at last! Just had windows tinted, so this is the before shot:

car.jpg

IMG_1583-small.jpg

IMG_1579-small.jpg

Blackadder said:
Sorry to hjack slightly but looking to get a set of 19's for a 2001 Audi A4 TDI Saloon. There are no problems with fitting these straight on are there? I read somewhere a few weeks back that you needed to widen wheel arches, hack the inside of the wheel arch to make room etc. Thats not true is it?

What about turning circle, is it reduced at all?

Factory 18's = ET42mm 8x18

Most replicas (18" & 19") are a ET35mm offset so it's just like fitting a 7-8mm spacer. You won't have issues, the Yanks run with up to 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers with only slight rubbing on rear when really low.

There are so many great deals on 19's now I'll be very very tempted come tyre time!

BUB :thumbsup:

J7USS said:
Yes 19's all the way.

Genuine gonna cost you a fortune though....saying that, You can afford them if you having a S4!!

Audi don't make 19" wheels for the A/S4 in 19X8 ET42/45 do they?

FYI The OE 18" Five arrms cost over £350 each!!!

BUB :crying:

bubstar said:
Audi don't make 19" wheels for the A/S4 in 19X8 ET42/45 do they?

FYI The OE 18" Five arrms cost over £350 each!!!

BUB :crying:

Maybe not, Im not sure to be honest, I know they do a 20" for the a8....I think!:think: