Milltek is on.

Elberoth

Reaction score
My Milltek is finally on. 90mm tips.

First of all I wanted to thank Awesome-GTI for their first class service.

Install was a breeze. First impressions are very promissing indeed. I was surprised how quiet it is - even though I use a test pipe ! It is barely louder than stock. There is absolutely NO drone of any kind.

Recommended !

Niknak said:
Looks well mate, what engine do you have in your motor?

1.8T. All mods are listed in my sig :icon_thumright:

james0808 said:
Looks very nice,i would of gone for 100mm though.

This is a question of personal taste, I suppose. To me 100mm tips are a bit over the top.

100mm tips fill out the cutouts better but you can't beat the OEM look of rolled edge 90mm tips.

Looks pretty smart to me and im quiet tempted. What do you replace on the car is it the back boxes or do u just install the larger tips over the top of the Original? Just want to know what to order if I call awesome up.:icon_thumright:

Sorry just read your sig and it does say cat back miltek!!!!! :)

Awesome Sarah - How much for these Miltek jobbies then? :eyebrows: My car is a B6 1.8T Sport 51 reg

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/store/section.php?xSec=416

Hi colemanlee
There is a link there for the on line shop with some prices for you
Hope that helps
There are a few to choose from
If you need any more help please feel free to give me a shout back
http://www.millteksport.co.uk/
There is also a link to their web site
We do the Milltek`s at 10% off their retail prices too , but prices are deducted on our web site

Sarah

No, why should I ? I was changing from a custom 2,5" design to Milltek, which is also 2,5".

But even changing from stock exhaust doesn't give much in terms of gain. 5hp max.

Did you notice any diffrence in spool-up from stock?

Have you got the Hi flow cat as well?

Also going to awesome to get full miltek, do the 90mm tips look the same as the 100mm tips (just bigger), or is there a style diffrence?

cheers stephen

100mm are same style as 90mm. The size is a question of preferences. I opted for 90mm ones, which are already bigger than stock, and give a very sporty, but not too flashy look.

I do not have a HFC - I run a test pipe insted (Sportec's software disables the Check Engine Light). I haven't really noticed much difference after putting the exhaust, besides a lower tone.