Tyre Pressures 2.5TDi Q Sport

JohnboyC

Reaction score
On my Audi A4 Avant 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport I have queries about tyre pressures.

OK...I have 225 40 ZR 18 tyres currently on the car (I also have a set of 235 40 ZR 18 tyres - brand new which will go on car when the 225's are worn out).

So, what should be the correct tyre pressures for the 225's be - on the Drivers door pillar it tells me for the 235's I should have approx 40 PSI in front and rears which to me from BMW land sounds very high.....will that not cause centre tread wear ?

Anyways, I would appreciate your advice - what pressure should I be running the 225's at cos at the momnet they are all around 34 PSI.

Cheers:hi:

I have a 1.9TDi Sport - and I have 225/45/17s. I must admit having come across from Honda, i misread the door pillar guide and set my tyres to 38psi for a day, i then relooked at them, and they should be 34 - i got confused by the fact the tyre pressures are the same for 2 different types of tyre - so i was reading the fully loaded pressure for both types and thinking it was the normal pressure for the 225s!

34 sounds about right - but maybe less of an audi virgin such as myself would be along soon to confirm!