Badger5Volks Autos
    4th Gear

Status

Totally outrageous Audi rip off

I was seriously considering put chrome door mirrors on my 2003 2.5TDi Avant Quattro Sport, but its posts like this that have now put me off....

F*ck sake...... :(

I would not even bother putting the cheaper ones from Fleabay on my motor.....just in case it makes my motor stick out from the crowd a little too much ........

Can someone please explain why Audi charge well over 250 for two door mirrors simply because they are "chromed".....totally takes the P*ss .....and therefore makes them even more sought after by the low life in society....

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    they arnt just chromed i think they are polished solid aluminium like the b5 s4 and rs4 mirrors thats why they cost more aluminium will always be more expensive than plastic

Neutral

Status
    got genuine alloy ones from ebay germany for 140 last year

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Just because someones got Nicked shouldnt put you off.
    If its going to happen, it will. Invest in a little CCTV or even a dummy camera just to try and put them off. Like I say though, If they want them then they will have them. Especially if they are getting a quick score for them the bloody crack heads!!

4th Gear

Status
    Hey Pedro61163 - what are the proper part numbers for the brushed aluminium door mirrors ?

£140 from E-Bay Germany sounds REALLY good to me :-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851
    they arnt just chromed i think they are polished solid aluminium like the b5 s4 and rs4 mirrors thats why they cost more aluminium will always be more expensive than plastic
    The B5 S4, S3 and early factory B6 S4's are solid alloy but you can't buy them. The aftersales covers are plated plastic and indeed cost crica 125 each. However the quailty is fantastic.

I picked mine up a week before the car and they're still perfect after 3 years.

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)