Can you advise on these symptoms

ang12el

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas of what this might be .... A4 1.9TDI 52 .. recently when putting my foot on the accelerator I get an intermitant what can best be described as "kickback" it feels as though the fuel is being dumped into the engine but there is a slow uptake and the engine looses power for split second.

This now becoming more frequant, not to the extent that it is annoying but it just makes you feel a bit on edge as it might one day stall... In addtion when placing the car into second the gear change is very knobly ie it doesnt glide in like it does when selecting other gears. you can almost feel the gears turning on the lever.

Has anyone got any thoughts ... serviced and motorway used for majority of life and has done 114K

I had the same thing on my 1.9. It's like a very slight hesitation under power. It was diagnosed as the EGR valve on mine. It was replaced under warranty, but 6 months later it was back again. I just left it as it wasn't too noticable.

You could try and diagnose problems with the EGR valve by pulling off the vacuum hose on the very top (the bit that pokes through the engine cover). You can stick a golf tee in it while it's off.

I had a problem recently and had to replace the N18 Solenoid, now working fine again.