AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits

Thread: Greetings

Neutral

Status

Greetings

Hiya,

Hello one and all.

I have just purchased an Audi A4 Saloon TDI 130ps (2001) in Denim metallic blue and am looking to do the odd thing to it. I am hoping to get it re-mapped by angel tuning as they are local to me. Has anyone had experience of these people in remapping their Audi's?

Also the skirts, bumpers and trim of my car is a charcoal/black colour and not colour coded which is a real shame. I'd like to get some kit, have it coloured coded and fitted to my car. The only problem is I have no experience of this and have no idea where to go. I am looking for perhaps Votex or SLine kit but don't wish to travel to far for fitters. I am in the SE, between Portsmouth and Guildford. Does anyone know of decent body styling fitters and kitters in this area?

Kind Regards

Slapbladder

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    welcome blackadder you can find various bits on here http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk or try www.vagparts.co.uk

Neutral

Status
    Also Im struggling with something else that someone or everyone here will be able to answer but I can't seem to find a definitive answer online.

Now my car is a March 31st 2001 Audi A4 130ps tdi. I believe it to be a B6 but everywhere I go it seems that B6 is deemed to be 2002 - 2004. Some places say late 2001 others late 2000. So what is it and how do I find out mine?

Any ideas?

Neutral

Status
    Oh sorry forgot to say thanks very much for the links, much appreciated.

4th Gear

Status
    do you have any pics of your car you can get a b6 on a 2001 must av been one of the first ones

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder
    Oh sorry forgot to say thanks very much for the links, much appreciated.
    no probs

4th Gear

Status
    is your car this shape ?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851
    is your car this shape ?

Unlikely 'cause his is a saloon

Neutral

Status
    no mine is a saloon not an avant.

No pics I am afraid.

4th Gear

Status
    does it look like this then if so its a b5

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Pretty sure 130ps was not available on B5, could be wrong, but B6 did start late 2000. I used angel and IMHO i didnt think it was a brilliant map, sounds a bit daft but it feels too 'boosty', meaning that you get a great wallop of power 1500rpm-3000, then it seems no better than in standard form, my uncle had his REVO'd, a little more expensive but he has a smoother spread of power, still pulls after 3000rpm and boost isnt so aggresive. Its almost as if angel just wallop the boost up and little else in terms of timing etc. Depends what fits your bank account as angel are priced very fairly as opposed too ripoff REVO. If funds allow go for REVO or better still someone with a rolling road who will taylor a specific map to suit your engine rather than the generic stuff.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Neutral

Status
    They have a blue one on here exactly the same which I looked at first...

http://www.downsviewmotorcompany.co.uk/

Neutral

Status
    I read somewhere else 130ps wsa only available on B6 also.

Neutral

Status
    does it look like this then if so its a b5

Nope the lights are different I think.

4th Gear

Status
    deffo a b6 you got there mate

Neutral

Status

Neutral

Status
    I love the car, everything about it except the grey/black trim at the bottom. Why they did this I don't know. I want to get some colour coded kit to make it look better.

4th Gear

Status
    u can still buy a new s-line gmbh body kit from audi accessories think its about 700 quid but then youll av 2 paint and fit

Neutral

Status
    u can still buy a new s-line gmbh body kit from audi accessories think its about 700 quid but then youll av 2 paint and fit
    Thank you, that's what I'd like to do but I am no fitter and I'd not want to do it myself. Is there anywhere in the sunny south that I could get to do it? Guildford area.

1st Gear

Status
    Good luck with your car mate! Why not just get the grey lowers colour coates, it makes a hudge difference and safe you ££££'s, and yes yours is a b6, England & Ireland received the B6 around oct/nov 2001 were as the rest of the world (outside europe) seemed to get it around 2002 so that maybe why they list the parts 2002-2004, I remember having this arguement on an American forumn, they said my 2001 was a b5 but it was a b6, as they received the car in April 02.
    Audi - Lord OF The Rings
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 163bhp S-Line Avant
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 190bhp S-Line saloon
    2001 Audi A4 1.8T 150bhp saloon
    2002 Audi A3 1.6 Ambition

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankG
    Good luck with your car mate! Why not just get the grey lowers colour coates, it makes a hudge difference and safe you 's, and yes yours is a b6, England & Ireland received the B6 around oct/nov 2001 were as the rest of the world (outside europe) seemed to get it around 2002 so that maybe why they list the parts 2002-2004, I remember having this arguement on an American forumn, they said my 2001 was a b5 but it was a b6, as they received the car in April 02.
    I think it's that way as the car model year would be a 2002 if it was registereed late in 2001. For example, our A4 was registered on 1/9/2004 but it's model year from the VIN is actually 2005.

Status
    Hey hey, mines 2/9/04 and is down as a 2005 from the vin. I gotta newer car than youuuu, nerr ner ne ner nerr. (lol)
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Neutral

Status
    You say late Autumn 2001 but mine was registered 31st March 01 and the one in the picture which isn't mine but identical to mine was registered in July 2001.

Neutral

Status
    How do you go about getting the grey colour coded? Cheers guys

Status
    Just take it to your local reputable bodyshop and ask em to paint them. I think you missed my reply a bit further up about Angel Tuning.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor
    Just take it to your local reputable bodyshop and ask em to paint them. I think you missed my reply a bit further up about Angel Tuning.
    Oops yes I did. So Angel maybe not so good. I have done a search on Revo and a company in Portsmouth http:\\www.jkm.org.uk seem to fit Revo for 399 which is only 100 pound more expensive then Angel. Also Portsmouth is the same difference in miles as Angel's location for me. They also have a rolling road and do their own custom remaps. Do you think it would be better to go for their custom one?

Are there any pics around of someone who has had their car lowers resprayed so I can see what it looks like?

I'd like to also thank everyone here who has given their advice and help, sorry to be a pain but it's easier for me to ask people who know rather than trawl the internet to try and work out the impossible. By that I mean I'll have a lot more questions. LOL.

Neutral

Status
    That audi-accessories website has been down for maintenance for over a day now. Is this normal?

VAGPARTS doesn't sell bodykits, GMBH or Votex just parts.

4th Gear

Status
    u can order the parts seperately from vagparts they quoted me 190 for the quattro gmbh sideskirts

4th Gear

Status
    Hey Jase did you finally get your seats working?

Status
    Go for the custom map defo, you will get a map that suits your particular engines needs.

4th Gear

Status
    ey up ian havnt seen u on ere for a while yes mate it was a fuse behind the drivers side lower dash panel