Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

Central Locking Click; Should I be Concerned?

Just recently, when I've locked and unlocked the car, in addition to the usual
    gentle "thud" of the locks, there has been a separate, clicking noise emanating from the rear offside wing area. I seem to recall that this is where the central locking/alarm control unit is located.

Is there any reason I should be concerned by this clicking noise? For example, could it be a dodgy solenoid?

Ideas, please.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Could be the lock for the fuel filler flap. Have you check to see if it actually locks when you lock the car? I had this fail on our Bora.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

New Problem with Fuel Filler Locking Pin: More Help Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Macduff
    Could be the lock for the fuel filler flap. Have you check to see if it actually locks when you lock the car? I had this fail on our Bora.
    You were right, Macduff. The click was the sound of the fuel filler flap locking pin striking the slot as it passed through when locking. Only thing is, I now have a new problem. As I was fiddling with the pin, I inadvertently hit the "unlock" button on my remote key fob & the pin got detached from its linkage. Then, when I let go of the pin, it disappeared through the hole, into the rear panel.

So now I need to now how easy it is to remove the rear offside trim lining from the boot (it's a saloon, BTW), to try and retrieve and re-attach the locking pin.

Can anyone help with this one?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals