Central Locking Click; Should I be Concerned?

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Just recently, when I've locked and unlocked the car, in addition to the usual
gentle "thud" of the locks, there has been a separate, clicking noise emanating from the rear offside wing area. I seem to recall that this is where the central locking/alarm control unit is located.

Is there any reason I should be concerned by this clicking noise? For example, could it be a dodgy solenoid?

Ideas, please.:beerchug:

Could be the lock for the fuel filler flap. Have you check to see if it actually locks when you lock the car? I had this fail on our Bora.

Macduff said:
Could be the lock for the fuel filler flap. Have you check to see if it actually locks when you lock the car? I had this fail on our Bora.
You were right, Macduff. The click was the sound of the fuel filler flap locking pin striking the slot as it passed through when locking. Only thing is, I now have a new problem. As I was fiddling with the pin, I inadvertently hit the "unlock" button on my remote key fob & the pin got detached from its linkage. Then, when I let go of the pin, it disappeared through the hole, into the rear panel.

So now I need to now how easy it is to remove the rear offside trim lining from the boot (it's a saloon, BTW), to try and retrieve and re-attach the locking pin.
:keule::keule:

Can anyone help with this one?