JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Lightbulb Conversion from Symphony II

Hi everyone,

I have just registered for the first time and I'd like to start by saying how much I appreciate the fine work of Audi - I believe they have the best range of cars out there at the moment. I'm on my third. They exude quality.

Anyway - to the point..

I have a Symphony II 6CD changer in my 2004 A4 Cabriolet. Ideally, I'm looking to have an iPOD connected but I have a car phone cradle which I need to keep in place and it will be too cluttered to have another cradle. The other option is to have the iPOD in the glovebox but I would want to control my iPOD and see all of my collection without going into the glovebox and that is not possible.

Any other ideas?

If I forget my iPOD, I'm thinking about banging a Symphony III stereo into the car and using the MP3 function - it will let me have far more music than my CD changer and it looks far nicer than Symphony II. Does anyone know if I need any fascia adapter or any other adapters to do this??

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    Last edited by markae; 30th August 2007 at 20:41. Reason: Forgot an important point

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Get a bluetooth phone kit, then use an ipod cradle? Probably cheaper than a new stereo in the end...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes - I think you are right. I'll rip out the phone cradle and retain the bluetooth option and put an iPOD cradle in.

Cheers,

Mark