A4 tdi sport lowering

otis_b

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have a silver 1.9 tdi sport and im looking to get it lowered and put either some rs4 or rs6 wheels on it.

Firstly, I am unsure whether to go for RS6 or new shape RS4 style alloys. Which do you guys think look best?

Secondly, im unsure whether to got for 18 or 19" wheels.

Thirdly, im looking to lower the car. Im aware that the sport models come with different suspension to the standard a4's. is this just the springs or are they different shocks aswell?

Will i be able to just change the springs?

Regards and thanks in advance

Otis

shocks are the same,personally i think the rs6 wheels are the ones to go for,you can change just the springs if you lower upto 35mm.

Make sure when you get the springs you tell them its the sport model,the sport model (i think) comes 25-30mm lower than the standard model.

18's are good,19's will kill the ride,but you may prefer looks than ride,also camber is adjustable on the rear as well as the front on the a4 2001>

Also if you sell your original springs let me know !
cheers!!!

I may be a little bias but defo RS6's, i have 19's and although they luck far better than 18's i would say that the ride is hardly affected, go for 19's all day long, as for lowering you have to be careful, you cannot buy specific springs for a sport, like VW said the sport is 25mm lower than an SE, if you buy 30mm lowering springs it will only give you 5mm lowering because it seems you can only buy springs for an SE, you need to go for springs that offer more of a drop, DPM will sell you some weitec -45mm from SE height for about £109 i think, which will give you around 20-25mm ish on a sport, or the other option is coilovers, but then your getting into owning what feels like a trackday car losing sight that an A4 is actually a luxury/executive car.:keule:

The ride was the same for me on 18's and 19's,except 19's looked loads better.