Auto Lights

JohnboyC

Reaction score
My A4 Avant has Auto Lights (with Xenons).......

Just how dark does it have to be before the sidelights and/or dipped lights actually come on......

If set the light switch to Auto, and I drive under a local railway bridge the lights do come on, but sometimes I find myself driving around at dusk with no lights on....

Can the sensitivity be adjusted ?

Just curious loike.....

I don't know the answer to your question, but reading what you have written reinforces my view that the job of deciding when the lights should come on is best left to the driver.

My lights come on when I pass under a tunnel of trees on my way to work, even in bright sunlight(I seem to remember!), but often when it is late afternoon and overcast, the lights stay off and I need to manually turn them on. The sensor is in the rear view mirror mounting plate facing out of the front windscreen. I've thought about getting some lightly tinted film to cover the sensor to make it more sensitive.

There is a way the sensitivity can be adjusted using VagCom, but I can't for the life of me remember how to.

cant see the point in em myself ive been driving for 15 years and have never forgot to swith my lights on at night yet

I don't either, same goes for the rain sensing wipers. But I didn't choose the options, it's just that I was after a 2.5Q with leather heated seats and sat-nav, the rest came with it. I do like the follow-me-home lights though, and they're part of the auto-lights pack.

In my years of driving I've never forgotten to put my seat-belt on, so I can't see the point of the reminder for that either. Same goes for the handbrake warning chime and the fuel low warning light.

sayin that arthur i forget to put my seatbelt on all the time, i wanted the 2.5 tdi quattro but couldnt find a good one with a good spec that didnt have very high miles

My 53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, 6 cd, BOSE, parking sensors , Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated/folding mirrors.:blahblah1: does not have a hand brake chime - is that set up via VAG COM then ?

Yeah never had a car with Auto lights before.......duh wots the point ?