TYRE SIZE

stoakseya4

Reaction score
HI all

After a response today if I can?

I need to buy some new tyres for the S4, but forgot to check what they are before I left the car at the station! Does anyone know the standard/original size for it?

I think they're 235/40 Y 18 ?

Best price so far seems to be through Black Circles, for Goodyear F1's at £135 each corner fitted...

Thanks for your quick responses...

Yes that's the stock size.
Don't order them through Black Circles though, get the number of the local fitter they recommend then call them up directly and they'll give you a better price, will probably save you £10-15 per corner.

Blimey - amazing what you can find when you look and more importantly ask someone else !!

Cheers...

Just spoke direct with the local fitter through Black Circles, and they've discounted the tyre a further £6 each corner (was £126), so a further saving of £24...

They originally quoted me £135/tyre last week! So overall a £15 discount/corner.

Must be a huge mark up on tyres...

Thanks again. Tyres being fitted Saturday...

There is, especially if you go to the normal high street franchises. The overheads on these places are enormous, plus the franchise fee to cover advertising etc. Find a local back street place that orders the tyres in for you and you can save serious money as well as helping out a small local business.
Who are these people who go to kwik fit and pay £180 a tyre?
I was laughingly quoted £187 per tyre by kwik fit last year (F1's 225/40/18)
Got them for £107 fitted at small back street fitter found via black circles.
I know who I'd rather give my money to.

Audi dealer wanted £210 !!

Got them fitted today, all 4 + tracking = £500...

Alright guys, just seen this thread and im currently shopping around for a pair of front tyres for my 1.8T Sport best price for Goodyear F1's is 76 quid delivered inc. VAT. These are at - www.mytyres.co.uk

I'd like to stick wif Continental but are these F1's any good as an alternative?

Get back to me as I need to order summit asap

Cheers - Lee

Yes F1's are excellent but if you're running stock 205/50/16's then you should be able to get them for around £65-£70 fitted/balanced.
Call the local fitter black circles recommend and they'll be cheaper.

235/45/17 are on the car at the moment but think it should have 225's

Elite Direct.com are very reasonable in Rainham Essex.Delivered or fitted I have found them to offer the best prices.

Nice One RallyX. Looked at their website they do the Eagle F1 fitted inc. VAT for 94 quid in 235/45/17 94Y flavour or in 225/40/18 (ref. for those above) it'll set u back 105quid fitted :rockwoot: Not that far from me either about an hours drive