S4 ARB's or RS4 ARB's

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I know some peeps have replaced their stock ARB's to stop excessive body roll, but which is the best to go for?
Are the RS4 ARB's OTT? Have you found any degredation in grip?
Are the S4 ARB's a better compromise, ie more body roll than RS4, but better overall grip?

I'm worried that the RS4 ARB will make the car too stiff and result in an earlier loss of grip - or the back end stepping out too quickly, or maybe causing understeer. What are your thoughts?

Those that went for S4 ARB's - do you wish you'd gone for the RS4's.
Those that went for RS4 ARB's - do you wish you'd gone for the S4's?
:confused: :think: :sadlike: :puke2:

I had RS4 on mine and it was great.Bodyroll was terrible before i fitted it.
Very glad i didnt go S4.
RS4 all the way,you wont regret it.

I'd guessed that both would need upgrading. Is it advisable to just do one end? I would have thought doing the front as that's where the bulk of the weight is?

If you do just the rear, you'll actually end up with a little less understeer. Having a front end that is "too" stiff will increase understeer. It depends on what you want to do. Another way of reducing body roll would of course be to run stiffer (and lower) springs/ shocks.

Cheers, I don't want to run stiffer springs/shocks. I'm on the sport suspension, and I find that too hard as it is. British roads just aren't good enough, so I find myself rattling my teeth out on my commute to work. It's just the body roll I need to sort out. Sounds like I should opt for the rear arb only then?

arthurfuxake said:
Cheers, I don't want to run stiffer springs/shocks. I'm on the sport suspension, and I find that too hard as it is. British roads just aren't good enough, so I find myself rattling my teeth out on my commute to work. It's just the body roll I need to sort out. Sounds like I should opt for the rear arb only then?

Another vote for the RS4 22mm DRC bar.

As I've said again and again you can't go wrong with this mod' for the money.

Changing the rear anti roll bar will not have an affect on comfort at all.

There's no need to change the front bar, all the A4's use the same one.

:thumbsup: