Xenon headlight/ sidelight cluster removal

dan_b

Reaction score
Website
www.vasarisingers.org
Hi there
I've got to replace my sidelight bulbs in my stock Xenons on my V6 - I can get at the right side bulb holder no problem by removing the flexible section of the air intake, but getting to the left hand side light is somewhat tricky/ impossible. Any tips for getting to it/ removing the light cluster?

I had no issues changing both in-situ on our 1.9 PD130. In fact the LHS one was easier than the right!

Are you unable to get the cover off? Is there something in the way that's maybe not there on a diesel?

It'll be easier take the headlight unit out; there are 2 screws you take out and 2 at the back of unit which you loosen up BUT don't take out completly; the headlight will slide out forward once done - easy!

Did this job this morning, took 5mins in the end - it was the vanity panel that was in the way, but that was a simple job to remove, and I was able to squeeze my hands in the gap ok...
I now have a pair of the Philips Blue halogen sidelights to more closely colour match my Xenons. Will have a look at the colour difference when it gets dark!