Disappointed with Milltek

Elberoth

Reaction score
I ordered one almost 6 weeks ago through Awesome GTI and still haven't got one :-(

What is more, it is also highly unlikely that I will get it before the end of next week.

IMO it is kind disappointing that a company such as Milltec doesn't have any stock of a popular exhaust system. At least that is what I was told by Awesome GTI.

If I know that it will look like this, I would get an MTM exhaust instead :-(((

Hi Mate
It does not matter about how popular they are unfortunately , they just run out quicker
But the A4 is not that popular I am sorry
Milltek have been quite slow with the production of some of the systems that they do
I am sorry for the delay , but as this is out of our hands we have to wait until Milltek produce these
Anyway I have checked with the order tracking dept and they emailed you yesterday , so it could be worth checking that ;)
Sarah

I waited for weeks also for my milltek for an A4,they are slow.(Milltek not awesome)

Yeah, the whole rant is about Milltek, not Awesome GTI.

Elberoth, how come you decided to get a Milltek system, wasn't it you who did the dyno runs and found that the exhaust gave no gains? Or am I getting mixed up here?

I've been waiting for 6 weeks now for a sports cat for my B7 Special Edition. Milltek apparently no longer hold stock of any of their systems/cats. They will only build them once they have sufficient orders (no idea what that threshold is) in place. This is turning into a major p!sser for lots of the tuners as, unless they're prepared to order maybe 20 units and hold them in stock themselves, they can't get hold of anything until Milltek decide to produce new batches. APS called just about every other tuner in the country trying to track down a cat for me but, no joy! :mad:

golf said:
Elberoth, how come you decided to get a Milltek system, wasn't it you who did the dyno runs and found that the exhaust gave no gains? Or am I getting mixed up here?

That was a TP, not an exhaust.

My custom exhaust developed some kind of rattle inside the middle silencer, so instead of fixing it (it was 5+ years old anyway), I decided to replace it with Milltek.

I do not expecy any HP gains - my custom exhaust was the same diameter - but I know that Milltek sounds nice, and building a custom exhaust is always a gamble.

I've been on wait also through a local garage, apparently due to receiving a large order from the States (c50 of them).

I've since cancelled my order...

Good news. Got an info from Awesome GTI, that my Milltek exhaust is on its way to me.

costs of all metals are going up and up and up over the last few months, especially copper and lead and I would also guess aluminium. Therefore people are not keeping stuff off the shelves anymore, and just building stuff when needed.
A friend of mine is a plumber and recycles as much metal as he can due to the increased value in scrap as well as new prices.

Got my Milltek today. I will post pics in a separate thread when I put it on.