EM TuningSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Disappointed with Milltek

I ordered one almost 6 weeks ago through Awesome GTI and still haven't got one :-(

What is more, it is also highly unlikely that I will get it before the end of next week.

IMO it is kind disappointing that a company such as Milltec doesn't have any stock of a popular exhaust system. At least that is what I was told by Awesome GTI.

If I know that it will look like this, I would get an MTM exhaust instead :-(((
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T
    Go: Sportec K04 Stage II | ATP manifold | Milltek cat-back | Dual IC | JJ TIP | Ecode TP | S4 rear sway | Brembo ORO rotors | Ferodo DS2500 pads
    Show: full S4 body conversion | bi-xenons

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Mate
    It does not matter about how popular they are unfortunately , they just run out quicker
    But the A4 is not that popular I am sorry
    Milltek have been quite slow with the production of some of the systems that they do
    I am sorry for the delay , but as this is out of our hands we have to wait until Milltek produce these
    Anyway I have checked with the order tracking dept and they emailed you yesterday , so it could be worth checking that
    Sarah

6th Gear

Status
    I waited for weeks also for my milltek for an A4,they are slow.(Milltek not awesome)

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    yeah sarah, Miltek, Not awsome!!!

Neutral

Status
    Yeah, the whole rant is about Milltek, not Awesome GTI.
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T
    Go: Sportec K04 Stage II | ATP manifold | Milltek cat-back | Dual IC | JJ TIP | Ecode TP | S4 rear sway | Brembo ORO rotors | Ferodo DS2500 pads

***** rent boy

Status
    Elberoth, how come you decided to get a Milltek system, wasn't it you who did the dyno runs and found that the exhaust gave no gains? Or am I getting mixed up here?

Neutral

Status
    I've been waiting for 6 weeks now for a sports cat for my B7 Special Edition. Milltek apparently no longer hold stock of any of their systems/cats. They will only build them once they have sufficient orders (no idea what that threshold is) in place. This is turning into a major p!sser for lots of the tuners as, unless they're prepared to order maybe 20 units and hold them in stock themselves, they can't get hold of anything until Milltek decide to produce new batches. APS called just about every other tuner in the country trying to track down a cat for me but, no joy!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by golf
    Elberoth, how come you decided to get a Milltek system, wasn't it you who did the dyno runs and found that the exhaust gave no gains? Or am I getting mixed up here?
    That was a TP, not an exhaust.

My custom exhaust developed some kind of rattle inside the middle silencer, so instead of fixing it (it was 5+ years old anyway), I decided to replace it with Milltek.

I do not expecy any HP gains - my custom exhaust was the same diameter - but I know that Milltek sounds nice, and building a custom exhaust is always a gamble.
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T

5th Gear

Status
    I've been on wait also through a local garage, apparently due to receiving a large order from the States (c50 of them).

I've since cancelled my order...
    1998 S4 Widebody Saloon Track Car
    2006 320d SE Touring - Ze Fuhrer's Wagon
    2001 B5 RS4 510bhp & 508ft lbs SOLD
    1.9TDI (130) Sport -Black-Revo - Mrs Stoakseya4's mota - SOLD

Neutral

Status
    Good news. Got an info from Awesome GTI, that my Milltek exhaust is on its way to me.
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Mate
    Glad to hear that
    We are waiting for a few bits to come through
    If I can help you further please feel free to give me a shout
    Sarah

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    costs of all metals are going up and up and up over the last few months, especially copper and lead and I would also guess aluminium. Therefore people are not keeping stuff off the shelves anymore, and just building stuff when needed.
    A friend of mine is a plumber and recycles as much metal as he can due to the increased value in scrap as well as new prices.
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

Neutral

Status
    Got my Milltek today. I will post pics in a separate thread when I put it on.
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T

4th Gear

Status
    Yahoo nice one
    Thanks for letting us know :D
    Sarah