Automatic Central Door Locking....

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up the Central Door Locking, so that when you exceed 15mph for example, the doors automatically lock ?

Wondered if its possible via use of the Vag Com ......which I dont have (yet)...

JC

Pretty sure it is, wife's Seat Leon has this as standard, maybe somebody with VAG com could confirm?

It is possible, I did this on mine, but can't for the life of me remember how.

I only have the shareware version if that helps.

Do a search, I was bound to have found it on an audi site somewhere!

JohnboyC said:
Is it possible to set up the Central Door Locking, so that when you exceed 15mph for example, the doors automatically lock ?

Wondered if its possible via use of the Vag Com ......which I dont have (yet)...

JC

Yip, it sure is possible, you need to use vag-com and a cable. I just picked up another A4 B6 tonight and have just done it.

Can't remember exactly, as I've done so much tonight retro fitting RNS-E to it also etc, but I think if I remember right when in vag-com you go to module 46 (comfort system), then select coding and add 8 to the number in there.

Not 100% sure it's 8, but vag-com does give you a list of numbers so it's pretty straight forward.

You can get vag-com from www.ross-tech.com and also a cable from there, or you could get a cable from ebay or one of ross tech's uk suppliers. The genuine cables aren't cheap though.

If you're anywhere near Chepstow or Cardiff in the UK, I'll do it for you FOC.

Cheers,

Rich

It can be done through VAG-COM. Here's what you need to do:

1. Log into VAG-COM.
2. go to 46-Comfort System.
3. go to CODING.
4. Write down your coding value.

In my case it was 12044. This value represents the SUM of all your configured options.

So, knowing that I don't have this option I simply added 32 to the value (+00032 = Central Locking at 15 km/h (or 10 mph) for a total of 12076

5. I Entered 12076 and hit DO IT!

Now the doors lock at 10 MPH, and they unlock themselves when the key is out of the ignition.

When I dropped of my A4 Avant 2.5TDi Q Sport for an MOT at Preston Audi I asked if they could set up the automatic central door locking.....which they did Free of Charge....so many thanks to Preston Audi !!!!

i had this on a courtesy car a couple of weeks ago and it did my head in. wouldnt unlock when the car was stopped had to press the button on the drivers door everytime i stopped to unlock the doors

The doors all unlock when you remove the key from the ignition. Also, 2 pulls on the inside door release lever will open the door, which then re-locks when you set off again. Pressing the unlock button will unlock all doors. It has it's advantages and drawbacks.

Also a great security feature. Expecially if your wife is in the car etc, sat at traffic lights. Saves someone getting in the back seats or robbing any bags etc left on the seat.
Had the feature on my old Impreza, and would like to get it programmed on my S4. Maybe i'll speak to the dealer too and see if they'll do it FOC.

I doubt I'll be that lucky though.........

It's all good until someone (my liftshare from work) does'nt know that you have to pull lever twice, before i could say "just pull the lever twice" he was sitting in the passenger seat of my car holding a broken door opening mechanism:faint: , i aim to get it removed as it is a nuisance and when you have it removed you can lock it manually anyway, would also be interested to know how much this shortens the life of the central locking components locking and un-locking 3 times the amount it really needs too.:ermm:

Had it done mainly for the wife when she uses the car....makes her feel a lot safer, and I certainly value wifey's safety for the sake of a Central door locking actuator that may wear out.
Plus whats to stop anyone opening the tailgate when stuck in a traffic jam in a dodgy part of town...nah..good mod IMHO

I have stumbled across a possible snaggette with this mod! If you walk up to the car and hit the button on the key fob that only opens the tailgate (i.e rest of car is locked up) of my Avant, open up the tailgate, put the key down inside the car load up car, and slam tailgate down...you will lock the key in the car !

It NEARLY happened to me....so now I open up the entire car, then it cannot happen !

That will happen with or without the auto lock option. There's a warning in the manual about it.

golf said:
It can be done through VAG-COM. Here's what you need to do:

1. Log into VAG-COM.
2. go to 46-Comfort System.
3. go to CODING.
4. Write down your coding value.

In my case it was 12044. This value represents the SUM of all your configured options.

So, knowing that I don't have this option I simply added 32 to the value (+00032 = Central Locking at 15 km/h (or 10 mph) for a total of 12076

5. I Entered 12076 and hit DO IT!

Now the doors lock at 10 MPH, and they unlock themselves when the key is out of the ignition.

brilliant mate, any idea if its the same on an 02 mk4 golf?

Great post golf. Used the instructions this morning when I visited my local independant who had VAGcom and it only cost me a tenner.

Many thanks
Matt