Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

Automatic Central Door Locking....

Is it possible to set up the Central Door Locking, so that when you exceed 15mph for example, the doors automatically lock ?

Wondered if its possible via use of the Vag Com ......which I dont have (yet)...

JC

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Pretty sure it is, wife's Seat Leon has this as standard, maybe somebody with VAG com could confirm?

1st Gear

Status
    It is possible, I did this on mine, but can't for the life of me remember how.

I only have the shareware version if that helps.

Do a search, I was bound to have found it on an audi site somewhere!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnboyC
    Is it possible to set up the Central Door Locking, so that when you exceed 15mph for example, the doors automatically lock ?

Wondered if its possible via use of the Vag Com ......which I dont have (yet)...

JC
    Yip, it sure is possible, you need to use vag-com and a cable. I just picked up another A4 B6 tonight and have just done it.

Can't remember exactly, as I've done so much tonight retro fitting RNS-E to it also etc, but I think if I remember right when in vag-com you go to module 46 (comfort system), then select coding and add 8 to the number in there.

Not 100% sure it's 8, but vag-com does give you a list of numbers so it's pretty straight forward.

You can get vag-com from www.ross-tech.com and also a cable from there, or you could get a cable from ebay or one of ross tech's uk suppliers. The genuine cables aren't cheap though.

If you're anywhere near Chepstow or Cardiff in the UK, I'll do it for you FOC.

Cheers,

Rich
    Last edited by wallacr; 16th August 2007 at 09:01.

***** rent boy

Status
    It can be done through VAG-COM. Here's what you need to do:

1. Log into VAG-COM.
    2. go to 46-Comfort System.
    3. go to CODING.
    4. Write down your coding value.

In my case it was 12044. This value represents the SUM of all your configured options.

So, knowing that I don't have this option I simply added 32 to the value (+00032 = Central Locking at 15 km/h (or 10 mph) for a total of 12076

5. I Entered 12076 and hit DO IT!

Now the doors lock at 10 MPH, and they unlock themselves when the key is out of the ignition.

Neutral

Status
    Interesting, excellent instructions golf, might put this on for the wee'un.

4th Gear

Status
    When I dropped of my A4 Avant 2.5TDi Q Sport for an MOT at Preston Audi I asked if they could set up the automatic central door locking.....which they did Free of Charge....so many thanks to Preston Audi !!!!

4th Gear

Status
    i had this on a courtesy car a couple of weeks ago and it did my head in. wouldnt unlock when the car was stopped had to press the button on the drivers door everytime i stopped to unlock the doors
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    The doors all unlock when you remove the key from the ignition. Also, 2 pulls on the inside door release lever will open the door, which then re-locks when you set off again. Pressing the unlock button will unlock all doors. It has it's advantages and drawbacks.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

3rd Gear

Status
    Also a great security feature. Expecially if your wife is in the car etc, sat at traffic lights. Saves someone getting in the back seats or robbing any bags etc left on the seat.
    Had the feature on my old Impreza, and would like to get it programmed on my S4. Maybe i'll speak to the dealer too and see if they'll do it FOC.

I doubt I'll be that lucky though.........
    2011 S3 Sportback S-tronic Black Edition - Revo stage 1
    2006 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport - For track days and sunny days.
    2003 S4 V8 Saloon Manual Milltek Cat Back - Sold

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    It's all good until someone (my liftshare from work) does'nt know that you have to pull lever twice, before i could say "just pull the lever twice" he was sitting in the passenger seat of my car holding a broken door opening mechanism , i aim to get it removed as it is a nuisance and when you have it removed you can lock it manually anyway, would also be interested to know how much this shortens the life of the central locking components locking and un-locking 3 times the amount it really needs too.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

4th Gear

Status
    Had it done mainly for the wife when she uses the car....makes her feel a lot safer, and I certainly value wifey's safety for the sake of a Central door locking actuator that may wear out.
    Plus whats to stop anyone opening the tailgate when stuck in a traffic jam in a dodgy part of town...nah..good mod IMHO

4th Gear

Status
    I have stumbled across a possible snaggette with this mod! If you walk up to the car and hit the button on the key fob that only opens the tailgate (i.e rest of car is locked up) of my Avant, open up the tailgate, put the key down inside the car load up car, and slam tailgate down...you will lock the key in the car !

It NEARLY happened to me....so now I open up the entire car, then it cannot happen !

4th Gear

Status
    That will happen with or without the auto lock option. There's a warning in the manual about it.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by golf
    It can be done through VAG-COM. Here's what you need to do:

1. Log into VAG-COM.
    2. go to 46-Comfort System.
    3. go to CODING.
    4. Write down your coding value.

In my case it was 12044. This value represents the SUM of all your configured options.

So, knowing that I don't have this option I simply added 32 to the value (+00032 = Central Locking at 15 km/h (or 10 mph) for a total of 12076

5. I Entered 12076 and hit DO IT!

Now the doors lock at 10 MPH, and they unlock themselves when the key is out of the ignition.
    brilliant mate, any idea if its the same on an 02 mk4 golf?
    back to boost, oh how I missed thee....

3rd Gear

Status
    Great post golf. Used the instructions this morning when I visited my local independant who had VAGcom and it only cost me a tenner.

Many thanks
    Matt
    2011 S3 Sportback S-tronic Black Edition - Revo stage 1
    2006 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport - For track days and sunny days.
    2003 S4 V8 Saloon Manual Milltek Cat Back - Sold

***** rent boy

Status