AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: MAF readings?

A pint of Diesel please!

Status

MAF readings?

Hi Guys,
    Need some help please. I plugged my A4 into VAGCOM today to check out some info I was told by the garage that serviced my car.
    It came back with no faults (thank god!), but the MAF readings were changing wildly between 130mg/str to 320 mg/str.
    Is this ok ? the Specified readings are supposed to be 170mg/str to 180mg/str.
    I assuming the MAF sensor has gone wrong and needs to be replaced, but not being very knowledgable about cars I'm not sure .
    Any help gratefully received
    Thanks

Les
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    What you need to to is log actual and specified MAF for a full throttle run in 3rd gear. Then plot a graph of mg/str vs. rpm. The rule of thumb is 0.8*mg=power. If actual and specified are wildly different, and/or max values are low then the MAF sensor is probably gone.

My actual and specified MAF values were 5% out and a change of sensor made a small but appreciable difference.

While you are doing this you might as well log and plot actual and specified MAP (mass inlet pressure).

Neutral

Status
    When your MAF is gonna say good bye, you can see that in the Block 032. Both values should be close to 0. Out of spec values, like + or - 15% may indicate faulty MAF.
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T
    Go: Sportec K04 Stage II | ATP manifold | Milltek cat-back | Dual IC | JJ TIP | Ecode TP | S4 rear sway | Brembo ORO rotors | Ferodo DS2500 pads
    Show: full S4 body conversion | bi-xenons