never new my car was a quattro?

gkf9

Reaction score
Just insured what i thought was a A4 100 sport tdi and found out it was a quattro?
sorry fof being really thick but does this mean its 4 wheel drive?

And are all TDI"s A4"s Quattro?

Sorry again if this is a really stupid question!!

So the quattro badge on the front, the rear and on the trim inside was a bit too subtle?
Yes it means it is 4 wheel drive, and no not all TDi's are quattro's although pretty much every model is available in quattro guise (although I thought it was only the 130bhp model for the TDi's). The S4 & RS4 are the only A4's with quattro as standard.

How exactly did you find out about it being Quattro?

My insurance company has my car down as being Quattro, but it's FWD.

Ditto with mine, when I insured mine, on their system my regi plate came back as a quattro. When I corrected them on this part, hoping the quote would go down, their system put it up about £20! The guy was quite apologetic though...

I would check it if I were you. It will say Quattro on the log book as well as all the badges etc.

AndyMac said:
So the quattro badge on the front, the rear and on the trim inside was a bit too subtle?
Yes it means it is 4 wheel drive, and no not all TDi's are quattro's although pretty much every model is available in quattro guise (although I thought it was only the 130bhp model for the TDi's). The S4 & RS4 are the only A4's with quattro as standard.

No badges anywhere? Put the reg in confused.com and came up quattro must be a mistake then?

insurance had mine down as a 163 and on the logbook its a 190

I would put my head under the back and see if there is any drive going to the rear wheels,best way to find out.
Is a quattro more to insure than a FWD?

Look at the sticker at the front of the service book or the sticker in the spare wheel well and that tells you the exact build (albeit in German). Doubt very much it is a quattro then - can you spin the front wheels?

min comes up as quattro as well (130 sport) sure shows it's not in the wet!!!

gkf9 said:
Just insured what i thought was a A4 100 sport tdi and found out it was a quattro?
sorry fof being really thick but does this mean its 4 wheel drive?

And are all TDI"s A4"s Quattro?

Sorry again if this is a really stupid question!!

Like the man said, look under the back wheels. Does it have drive shafts going to them? If it has, it's a quattro. If it hasn't, it isn't.

I have spent years on this forum chanting the mantra: "It's never a stupid question if you don't know the answer." Looks like I might have been wrong.

Mine comes up as a Quattro too, makes no difference to the insurance. I think its standard with insurance companies.

gkf9 said:
No badges anywhere? Put the reg in confused.com and came up quattro must be a mistake then?

I'm in EXACTLY the same boat mate. I have the same car as you, its NOT a quattro, but when putting the Reg number in on confused.com it shows as being a quattro. Best thing about it is, there is no phone number or anything for the website, just a little form that you can fill in and send off to them. Ive tried using that, but it always seems to be down.

Although i did get what i thought was a decent quote from them and used that (it was with MINT), but its up for renewal in sept, so i got a quote from tescos and its almost half price. Try tescos mate!!

I also think that quattro was only sold with the 130bhp engine not the 100.

ok yes its def not a quattro..a bit gutted...sounded good!!

Thanks everyone for the pointers and advice,got mi insurance wi kwik-fit again they are quite reasonable.

still yet to get some pics up!! Must say i love this car like driving a Bentley
compared to my old one!

Just got the same thing with confused.com with our 130 Sport.

You can easily change it when doing a quote. Instead of putting in your reg number and letting it look up your car, just choose your car using the drop down make, model and trim lists.

Ours is coming out around the £250 mark. Directline want £300+ for renewal but they've been good before so I'm sure they'll match the quotes I've had.

AFAIK, there was never a TDI 100 Quattro in the UK. Although in Germany there was a much larger choice of engine available with Quattro.