New Seats

Niknak

Reaction score
Well finally got them fitted what do you all think?

Picture004.jpg

Picture.jpg

Yes they are mate, I had full leather Recaros in my last car and found them hard and also sweaty if that makes sense!

Very nice... by the way are they grey or black - cant tell in pics

They do don't they and such a bargin:icon_thumright: Silver trim next me thinks.

Same ones I got for mine mate (£400 on ebay), love them, transforms the car

Ah thats because the seats are out of an Avant, and I have a saloon therefore mine has a lap belt, when I get my door cards trimed they are going to do away with the hole, but for now I thought the trim looked better than a lage hole.

i put the 3 point belt in my saloon ian i just bolted it to the seatbelt mounting point under the bench if you know what i mean

Yeah thats fine, but where do you bolt the seat belt housing in the seat as the saloon does not have the mounting point like the avant does! Does it?

yeah just undo the bolt and put the belt bracket with the others and put the bolt back in what do you mean seat belt housing and mounting point ? the belt coil is in the seat the other end bolts down with the others under the bench and it clips in just like a lap belt would

Not on the saloon remember I have used the seat plates from my Saloon not the advant.

jase0851 said:
the belt coil is in the seat the other end bolts down with the others under the bench and it clips in just like a lap belt would

Has anyone actually ever used the middle seat belt in an A4? Mines been tucked under the rear seat base since I bought the car.

yeah i have 3rd kid on the way so i will be using mine 3 point is safer than lap belt

plus it must be cheaper to use the 3 point one rather than triming the leather to cover the hole

ok imagine you have someone sat in the middle seat with the seat belt deployed, when the person undoes the seat belt it retracts into the seat, the mech that deploys and retracts the seatbelt is non existant on a saloon, thats why the saloon has a lap belt.

now what I have had to do is:-

I have purchased the front and rear seats out of an advant but I have a saloon with split fold seats.

so I have had to use the metal seat backs from the saloon and the seat foam and covers from the advant and reattach the seat covers to the saloons frames.

Is everyone still with me!

The problem is the metal backs are obviously diff and the advant backs have the seat belt system attached.

therfore as i'm using the saloon backs I do not have a three poing belt???????????????????????

God even im confused?

yeah i know what you mean now ian your backs dont have the inertia reel bracket for the belt to attatch to

Niknak said:
ok imagine you have someone sat in the middle seat with the seat belt deployed, when the person undoes the seat belt it retracts into the seat, the mech that deploys and retracts the seatbelt is non existant on a saloon, thats why the saloon has a lap belt.

now what I have had to do is:-

I have purchased the front and rear seats out of an advant but I have a saloon with split fold seats.

so I have had to use the metal seat backs from the saloon and the seat foam and covers from the advant and reattach the seat covers to the saloons frames.

Is everyone still with me!

The problem is the metal backs are obviously diff and the advant backs have the seat belt system attached.

therfore as i'm using the saloon backs I do not have a three poing belt???????????????????????

God even im confused?

Still dont know what you mean?

Just kidding,i know what you mean now.:icon_thumright: