Volks AutosEM Tuning
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: New Seats

  1. #1
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864

    New Seats

    Well finally got them fitted what do you all think?



  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    703
    o yes my friend, im liking!

  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SE UK
    Posts
    26
    Comfy, ain't they? I love mine

  5. #4
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Yes they are mate, I had full leather Recaros in my last car and found them hard and also sweaty if that makes sense!

  6. #5
    pav-g's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    728
    Very nice... by the way are they grey or black - cant tell in pics

  7. #6
    jase0851's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    yorks
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by pav-g
    Very nice... by the way are they grey or black - cant tell in pics
    they are black

  8. #7
    jase0851's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    yorks
    Posts
    782
    well done ian looks good mate

  9. #8
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    They do don't they and such a bargin Silver trim next me thinks.

  10. #9
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    Same ones I got for mine mate (£400 on ebay), love them, transforms the car

  11. #10
    james0808's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,542
    Look very good.
    Where is the middle seat belt?

  12. #11
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Ah thats because the seats are out of an Avant, and I have a saloon therefore mine has a lap belt, when I get my door cards trimed they are going to do away with the hole, but for now I thought the trim looked better than a lage hole.

  13. #12
    jase0851's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    yorks
    Posts
    782
    i put the 3 point belt in my saloon ian i just bolted it to the seatbelt mounting point under the bench if you know what i mean

  14. #13
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Yeah thats fine, but where do you bolt the seat belt housing in the seat as the saloon does not have the mounting point like the avant does! Does it?

  15. #14
    jase0851's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    yorks
    Posts
    782
    yeah just undo the bolt and put the belt bracket with the others and put the bolt back in what do you mean seat belt housing and mounting point ? the belt coil is in the seat the other end bolts down with the others under the bench and it clips in just like a lap belt would

  16. #15
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Not on the saloon remember I have used the seat plates from my Saloon not the advant.

    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851
    the belt coil is in the seat the other end bolts down with the others under the bench and it clips in just like a lap belt would

  17. #16
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    Has anyone actually ever used the middle seat belt in an A4? Mines been tucked under the rear seat base since I bought the car.

  18. #17
    jase0851's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    yorks
    Posts
    782
    yeah i have 3rd kid on the way so i will be using mine 3 point is safer than lap belt

  19. #18
    jase0851's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    yorks
    Posts
    782
    plus it must be cheaper to use the 3 point one rather than triming the leather to cover the hole

  20. #19
    james0808's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,542
    Im abit lost here,what bit dont you have to use the middle belt?

  21. #20
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851
    yeah i have 3rd kid on the way so i will be using mine 3 point is safer than lap belt
    Not using a child seat then?

  22. #21
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    ok imagine you have someone sat in the middle seat with the seat belt deployed, when the person undoes the seat belt it retracts into the seat, the mech that deploys and retracts the seatbelt is non existant on a saloon, thats why the saloon has a lap belt.

    now what I have had to do is:-

    I have purchased the front and rear seats out of an advant but I have a saloon with split fold seats.

    so I have had to use the metal seat backs from the saloon and the seat foam and covers from the advant and reattach the seat covers to the saloons frames.

    Is everyone still with me!

    The problem is the metal backs are obviously diff and the advant backs have the seat belt system attached.

    therfore as i'm using the saloon backs I do not have a three poing belt???????????????????????

    God even im confused?

  23. #22
    jase0851's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    yorks
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    Not using a child seat then?
    no mate older 2 will be on booster seats as required by law

  24. #23
    jase0851's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    yorks
    Posts
    782
    yeah i know what you mean now ian your backs dont have the inertia reel bracket for the belt to attatch to

  25. #24
    james0808's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak
    ok imagine you have someone sat in the middle seat with the seat belt deployed, when the person undoes the seat belt it retracts into the seat, the mech that deploys and retracts the seatbelt is non existant on a saloon, thats why the saloon has a lap belt.

    now what I have had to do is:-

    I have purchased the front and rear seats out of an advant but I have a saloon with split fold seats.

    so I have had to use the metal seat backs from the saloon and the seat foam and covers from the advant and reattach the seat covers to the saloons frames.

    Is everyone still with me!

    The problem is the metal backs are obviously diff and the advant backs have the seat belt system attached.

    therfore as i'm using the saloon backs I do not have a three poing belt???????????????????????

    God even im confused?
    Still dont know what you mean?

















    Just kidding,i know what you mean now.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO