SHOW AND TELL:- HOFELE BODY KIT

Mcgough

Reaction score
Well a fellow member on here A4 TC (my neighbour) has decide to go one better than my reiger kit and install the HOFELE RS4 B7 Front end to his B6 after he seen my reiger kitted B6 i think i forced him into spending his daugthers inheritance on his bumper......it aint cheap but its well worth it i think.

...ive took some pics they are poor, ill get some better ones when the sun isnt so direct......

CIMG0162.jpg

CIMG0167.jpg

CIMG0158.jpg

CIMG0165.jpg

CIMG0171.jpg

.......sorry i forgot to say erm erm 'cough cough' ****!

:icon_thumright: Cheers buddy for posting pics and its your fault for making me spend my babys money if yours was left alone mine would of aswell

It looks good, and updates the front end, pity about old red audi 80 in the pics......

Do you need to change the bonnet aswell?

technics100 said:
It looks good, and updates the front end, pity about old red audi 80 in the pics......

Do you need to change the bonnet aswell?
Yes I did but you dont have to, I picked a scrap one up for £50 just incase I didnt like the finished result

Nice very nice, it's makes the front end look so much more mean.

yer does look nice and to the untrained eye im sure they wouldnt realise its a B6, but i just wish there was a way to change the light unit to the B7 aswell, doesnt suit the B6s lights i dont think

I like the look of the new RS 4..

I dont like the look of B6s trying to look like the RS 4 though.

Infact the more I look at it the more I dislike it.

:shrug:

silver75 said:
I dont like the look of B6s trying to look like the RS 4 though.

I agree. There's a red B6 taxi up around Aberdeen that has RS4 badges on it. ****

Ive always said why try and make a B6 look a B7.....But Im liking it very much so!!
Its got the attitude look at front, I prefer the Back end on a B6 to a B7 and I like the front end of a B7 better than the B6 so best of both worlds for me.

Very Costly though is it??

Its down to taste aint it really.

So come on then, Tell us......Whats the damage???

:think:

oh and did you have to get a B7 bonnet for the fuller look???

looks top notch to me, where abouts did u get it from? and did u have to make any alterations for it 2 fit the b6?

I think it looks fine too. I'd like to see one on a red or silver car though.

Linky

st_bu_a48e_hof_rs4_l.jpg

£940 for the kit + painting and fitting.

You use the original bonnet and bond the nose cone to it.

Oh and lose the RS badge............................

J7USS said:
Ive always said why try and make a B6 look a B7.....But Im liking it very much so!!
Its got the attitude look at front, I prefer the Back end on a B6 to a B7 and I like the front end of a B7 better than the B6 so best of both worlds for me.

Very Costly though is it??

Its down to taste aint it really.

So come on then, Tell us......Whats the damage???

:think:

Thats exactly wot i think dont like the backend of B7 but like the front end and it updates the look of the car. You can choose different front grills too like the S4 grill, Wots the damage not too bad I think heres the list

bonnet from scrap yard £50
bonnet catch £16
Hofele kit and postage £720
spraying and fitting £450
total £1236

Just realised you can even save a few more quid of the kit by when you do order, do not order the RS4 grill ( £128 ) and fog light covers ( £28 ) try and source them here because they are the geniune items of the RS4. Seen cheaper grills on ebay and classified section on here.

DeanA4TDI said:
looks top notch to me, where abouts did u get it from? and did u have to make any alterations for it 2 fit the b6?

I got it direct from manafacturer in Germany dont worry about the language barrier the emails and the brief talk I had with the guy over the phone speaks perfect english. I even threw in a couple of deutsche words in my emails and the guy thought I knew German hehehe.
As for any alterations you dont have to I just got a scrappy bonnet to use if I didnt like the finished look it was a simple swap back and the Hofele kit would be in the classified section for sale. The bumper is a direct replacement and the fitment is perfect, the main part of the work is bonding on and smoothing the extension on to the bonnet once done theres no going back to original(hence why a scrap bonnet was used)
You guys should check out hofele.com they have pictures of customers cars on there, I especially like the white avant(the kit imo looks better on a avant)
Overall the job took 5 days and very happy with the results it also looks better in the flesh than on any pictures mine included.

thanks for tht, a will take a look v.soon, r u from the newcastle area, just with seein Toon Toon on your heading? if so which garage did u get it done from? i'm thinking about getting the bottom end of me car resprayed but might just wait now till i get a body kit fitted, thanks.

Yep thats right from the toon as they say and they gave Celtic a good beating earlier. As for which garage I used it was a place in Blaydon called R and A would defo use again there number is 0191 4141449 and ask for rob he will sort you out . Wot bodykit you fitting mate.

Got to say, that kit is growing on me. I wasn't too keen on it at first, the nose "cone" section looks too much like the new Volvo S40. It's the distance between the inside edge of the headlights and the grille that I'm not totally at ease with yet, but as I say, it's growing on me.

1 question:

When you open the bonnet, does the whole grille lift up with the bonnet? I can't make out where the bonnet ends and where the bumper and grille starts. Any chance of a pic with the bonnet in the open position plz?

silver75 said:

Well IMHO the Volvo S40/V50 is a pretty good looking car. I even considered one instead of the A4 but SWMBO was adamant that an Audi was going to grace our driveway.

However I'm not taken with the RS4 front end job on a B6. Somethings are best left alone.

Quite like, but as everyone else says, no RS badges. No problem with having a sporty kit, but not to try and change your car into something it's not...

Awesome GTI have a demo 1.8T Avant with a 340bhp output (larger turbo amongst other choice mods) with this front end on also, in Black too. Very nice.

A4 TC said:
Yep thats right from the toon as they say and they gave Celtic a good beating earlier. As for which garage I used it was a place in Blaydon called R and A would defo use again there number is 0191 4141449 and ask for rob he will sort you out . Wot bodykit you fitting mate.
not sure yet, a was looking at the reiger, but after seein the hofele front bumper my mind has changed, now a just have to save a few more pennys up. and for that company over blaydon a might pop over n get a quote wen a manage to save up.

arthurfuxake said:
1 question:

When you open the bonnet, does the whole grille lift up with the bonnet? I can't make out where the bonnet ends and where the bumper and grille starts. Any chance of a pic with the bonnet in the open position plz?

The whole grill does indeed lift up but now you get a liittle hook to open the catch because the original B6 catch is not long enough .
The kit does give it a slight volvo look but like i said in earlier post it looks better in the flesh.

stoakseya4 said:
Quite like, but as everyone else says, no RS badges. No problem with having a sporty kit, but not to try and change your car into something it's not...

Awesome GTI have a demo 1.8T Avant with a 340bhp output (larger turbo amongst other choice mods) with this front end on also, in Black too. Very nice.

Definately no RS badges on my car even though I did get the RS badges included, just stuck some subtle S badges on. As for making it into something its not was not the idea I just wanted to give the car a more updated look and something different from everyone else.

And you've succeeded ! Nice work...

Was tempted in buying McGough's Reiger front bumper for my S4, but not sure how this would look on an S4 really... Am generally quite happy with S4's appearance apart from the rear Avant spoiler, which is basically the same as a basic model, not even an S-Line one...

Am also buying new wheels, but am trying to work out whether to buy 19s or 18s with suspension/lowering mods instead...

Was going to, but it's just not the right decision at the moment. The mods I'm currently doing will keep me happy for a while, and will allow some fun on track too. Hoping to get an RS4 (B7) next year, hopefully the prices will have dropped a bit by then too !

RS4's as quick, more comfortable, has 4 proper seats, and 'cheaper' to run. If I could then I would !

Maybe when B7 RS4's are down to c£30k, I might be able to pick up a 996 (3.6) by then for c£20k !! But by then I'll be retired too !!

Back to topic

All right guys been gettting afew pms this week about this bumper conversion so rather than answer them individually Ive resurected this thread and included some new pics and how the bonnet now opens.

This is the hook you need to open the bonnet catch with which is included in the kit.

Wheres the 'Mind your Head' Sign!!:)

Still looks better everytime I see it..:icon_thumright: