Air Bag Warning Light

Niknak

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have changed my front seats over, and now I have an air bag warning light, the connectors are all in correctly, any ideas?
Thanks
Ian

are the plugs pushed down as far as they can go cos mine had only moved a couple if mil and they set the bag light of

When changing the seats, you should always disconnect the negative terminal on the battery, so as to avoid the risk of the airbag being deployed and also the warning light will come on.

It may well be connected properly butthe fault is stored in the ECU.Try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so to see if it makes any difference. If not you'll have to get VagCom to clear the code.

Yeah I disconnected the battery as not to set the airbags off.
I have checked the connectors and they are all plugged in correctly??
Any ideas?

I thought it was the positive you needed to disconnect?? I have totally disconnected the battery now so I will see in an hour??

golf said:
When changing the seats, you should always disconnect the negative terminal on the battery, so as to avoid the risk of the airbag being deployed and also the warning light will come on.

It may well be connected properly butthe fault is stored in the ECU.Try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so to see if it makes any difference. If not you'll have to get VagCom to clear the code.

Either will do it but normally use the earth otherwise there's a danger of the +ve lead touching the bodywork which can cause issues with sensitive electronics. Regardless, when you rechecked the airbag connections they may be OK but the fault will still be stored in the ECU.

Damm I feel a trip to Awesome tomorrow then! I take it the airbags will be ok, no danger of them going pop at 70 down the motorway?
Cheers guys

The airbags will be fine, but just try not to have an accident! You may or may not have your face rearranged by the steering wheel.

when the dash bag light is on all the airbags are turned of

Awesome can't do it till Monday next week, anyone with VAG-COM near Manchester?