EGR valve

banny

Reaction score
would a partially blocked EGR make fuel ecomony worse.
I get about 100 miles to a tenner, should I get more out of my 130 tdi.
Dont mind doing it if it is gonna improve, also is there a guide about as I remember seeing one somewhere, as I dont want to break the plastic bit.

100 miles for a tenner sounds reasonable to me. I think my missus gets around that in her 1.9 110 golf

I get roughly 45 to £10 im mine :(

But would cleaning the EGR make a difference, I am sure it used to be better on fuel.

Nah not the thread, might of been on another audi forum, know you have to be careful with the plastic bit, can break easy.

banny said:
would a partially blocked EGR make fuel ecomony worse.
I get about 100 miles to a tenner, should I get more out of my 130 tdi.
Dont mind doing it if it is gonna improve, also is there a guide about as I remember seeing one somewhere, as I dont want to break the plastic bit.

No idea how much your fuel is a litre but based on 93.9 (what it is with me) that equates to 42.6mpg which is better than I get from my 130 Sport. It really depends on the type of driving and the length of journeys. The book combined figure is 47.9 and your unlikely to achieve that.

its around 95.9 down here, can get Shell for 93.9 but its ten miles away.
What do you get from your 130 sport then.

I get high 30's or very low 40's at best in day-to-day driving which is mainly shortish (5-7 miles) journeys on twisty rural roads.

Best I've had was just over 47 on a 500 mile trip. I was the only occupant and the car wasn't loaded.