1.8T Rev Heads Report here immediately!!!

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
...Petewon raised an interesting Question about the 1.8T and its screaming revs.
I tested mine this weekend and at 4000rpm im sitting at 84mph..

I know some of you will have to do the same but next time you are breaking the speed limit :eyebrows: can you just see what you are sitting at dead on 4000rpm please.

Mine and others Ive spoken to said theirs sounds like its screaming for help. The way I put it is it sounds like it could do with a 6th gear..:huh:

I understand why they put a 6th gear in the later 1.8Ts now.

6th isn't that much higher IIRC.

I'll do a check for you next time out, but if I get a tug will you take the points?

BUB :)

ha, Yeah Ill take the points for a fee :eyebrows:.
I did think that about the 6th gear, suppose the ratio would be a diff set up too so maybe its just Us AVJ's that suffer the screaming...

Keen to see what you folks get at 4000rpm though...

Mines the same, i could tell you what it does at 5000rpm but that'd be incriminating.... :meeting:

Mine may be the 3.0 V6 so sorry for jumping the thread but it was doing 95mph in 6th too, suspect the ratios are the same for 6th gear in which case, certainly makes it worth while having the 6 speed box over the 5th in my view for legal cruising. Oh, this was all in a dream by the way an didnt happen at all! Question though for 5 speed box owners, what rpm do you get at 70mph?