anyone mapped their 1.8t 190 ?

jase0851

Reaction score
if so what bhp u running now and mpg you getting etc cheers

Star Performance, Fife.

This is my last run done in March @ Surrey Rolling Road....................
1106670-233-271RUN2.JPG

Dyno Dynamics machines are renowned for being 'a bit mean' with the numbers :) I think it would've made 238-240bhp but heat soak had set in because I was a little late for the run and had just driven for over an hour to get there. You can see the dip at the top end where the ECU decided to ****** ignition and dump fuel. Still I'm very happy with the torque figure.

As you can see it's very smooth with a nice flat torque curve. Makes good torque from 1850rpm and really starts to pull from 2800rpm. Had it for over 2 years now and no issues at all. MPG improved under normal driving.

BUB

low then mines on 88k not sure whether to map it or not with it being higher mileage

Hope you don't mind me asking - how much did it cost and what was the effect on your insurance?

Thinking about having this done once the warranty runs out in October (although I don't think the warranty is worth the paper it is written on - car is in at the moment with a clutch issue and they want me to pay £600 to just find the problem - which I will get back if it is covered. They have me over the barrel as the car was towed there so they have to get it fixed or i have to arrange for another tow to another garage!)

Enough of my bleating! how does the car go after the re-map?