Key program

Steve B

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I am having trouble programming my central locking remote on a 04 plate A4. I have followed all insrtuctions that I can find, key in, on to start , new key in door etc, but have had no joy. Anyone got any other ideas before I am forced to go to the main dealer for a £50 extractormy??:sadlike:

thanks Steve

I'd ring someone out of the yellow pages first. Most Auto locksmiths can program the central locking, and the're cheaper aswell! Don't go dealers for that. You'll have to wait a few hours at Audi garage while they do it, while someone out of the paper will come too your house or work.

if its a brand new key it will need to be programed to the car

Is it just the remote part you got new or is it the whole key? If its the whole key you will have to go to the dealer anyway to get the immobiliser programmed (unless you have vag-com and know the security code for the car) :think:

Good afternoon,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys,
It's a brand new central locking part, (not the key end) and no I don't have VAG-COM.
I'll give a locksmith a ring, but I thought after reading all the info on it would have been quite steright forward?

anyway thanks for the reply's

Steve.