What tyres are we using...

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Im going to be upgrading my alloys soon and was wondering what tyres to go for, I want quality this time, sick of budget..

What tyres are you running on??

Michelin Pilot Sports, got them both on the car & the Kawasaki ZX6R B1 Ninja & think they're a darn good tyre, they last sufficiently long not to hurt the wallet & grip like a 12yr old boy on his todger!!!

Nickynibbles said:
Michelin Pilot Sports, got them both on the car & the Kawasaki ZX6R B1 Ninja & think they're a darn good tyre, they last sufficiently long not to hurt the wallet & grip like a 12yr old boy on his todger!!!

:laugh:

My two recommendations for the best combinations of dry traction, wet traction, aquaplaning resistance, braking stability, noise and ride quality would be the GoodYear F1 DSG3s or if you can still get them Toyo Proxes T1-S (some places still stock them but they've been replaced by the cheaper T1-R). Both tyres are relatively "soft" compounds so will wear relatively quickly, but if you want good performance its the only way. No sense in skimping on tyres, they're the only things that keep you going in the direction you want to go.

Ive raced on falken 425's and toyo-t1-s and r's for a few years now, i prefer the falkens for the audi and the toyos for my kit car, superb grip in wet and a long lasting tyre.

kris

I have the same issue.....
My A4 TDi 130bhp Sport has those aftermarket RS4 alloys (18's) which came with cr4p tyres on (Fortuna I think) I replaced the fronts a while ago now with Toyo Proxies T1-R and I have to say, I am not that impressed with the wet handling, but the one on the rear is diabolical, I have los the rear end in wet conditions going round roundabouts and the such and thats not even pushing it, after reading all your comments, I have decided that I am gonna try x4 new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, they are a little on the expensive side but I'm gonna have to go for the best cos i'm driving like i've got Miss Daisy in the back on a wet day paranoid that the rear end it gonna step out any minute.
Has anybody else had any experiences of loosing the rear end in wet conditions, particularly in wet conditions ? (or could it be something else in addition to cr4p tyres like some suspension setup not quite right ?)
Also, anybody know where I can get these tyres from cheaply (less than £140 a corner ?)

Cheers,

Scott

Dunlop SP9090 - the first directional tyre that I've ever had on a car (the cab I bought had em on). Look cool and seem very very grippy in the dry. Wait and see how long they last for....:sadlike:

Pilot Sport on the front, pilot primacy on the rear. Don't know why, that's just the way it came! :)

Pirelli rossos came with car absolute ***** putting continental contact 3s on soon.