2.5TDi Quattro Sport Rear Bumper Panel Mod

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Long term I would like to change the lower rear exhaust panel on my Audi A4 Avant 2.5TDi Quattro Sport, so that you can actually see the two rear exhaust pipes like in the newer B7 2.0TDi or similar to a 1.8T B6 twin pipes...

What needs doing folks, what bits/costs are involved, is it an easy mod or do you get someone else to do the mod........I do not want to replace the exhaust if necessary...

:o.k:

I've got the same car and had the same dilemma, last year I bought the parts!! started off with the lower section from a 1.8t (£25 ebay) About a week later I was having a look at an s4 avant, specifically the rear bumper and decided thats exactly what i needed, now, I have one of them lying in the loft beside the 1.8t section!! The s4 bumper cost considerably more, as I also needed parking sensors, and two mounting brackets from Audi.
I have arranged to have stainless back boxes made when i do the conversion, we did consider cutting the existing exit pipes and adding shaped tailpipes, a couple of reasons why I'm not going down this route, firstly I prefer the finished look of a complete section and secondly when I mentioned these changes to my insurance company they spat the dummy ("it does'nt matter if the changes have no effect the vehicles performance its still a modification to the manufactured spec!!" so, I might as well do the performance thing) Now I'm saving for a couple of other mods and will eventually insure a modified tdi.

Overall, I would'nt consider it a difficult alteration, there appear to be plenty of lower bumper sections about, just get one (in an ideal world, painted to your colour) and clip it on, you could cut the tailpipes and even buy a couple of those bolt on extension pipes (my Volvo t5 has such a thing as standard, fortunatly its not obvious, unless viewed from underneath) the painting will be the most expensive part, unless you know someone in the trade.
cheers
Iain

Looks like to much like hard work..and cost a lot for not much gain......will wait until I can buy an 06 or 07 3.0TDi Avant.............OR wait until someone hits me up teh back side and then I will get it done on the insurance !

Hey McGough

Do you have a list of parts required, and what you have to do.....the rear of your car looks great !!!!! Oh yeah..how much to do the job !

Rear petrol S-line GMBH lower bumper part was £65 from audi and £65 to paint!

Tail pipe extensions are £10 -£40 each and can be welded or bolted on, i did this temp until i had a custom exhaust made for it!

and now sounds really quiet until under load and sounds throaty!

Mcgough....looks easy then....where do u get tail pipe extensions.....my two exhausts (one left side, one right side) both point diesel downwards.....will extensions still fit, or do u have to cut the downward pointing bits of exhaust off ?

Cheers

yea cut them off and weld new on, most after market custom exhuast shops sell the end pieces seperately!

really simple mod and the first thing i done on both tdi's

I'm currently driving a 2003 TDI se and would be interested in this mod.

However, my car only has a single exhaust out. What parts would i need to to modify the exhaust to get the twin outs like on McGoughs car?

It looks class by the way mate