New Rims!

gtiglasgow

Reaction score
Few pics of the Avant taken on the way home from Vag Fest. The new rims are 8x20 up front and 9x20 out back.

685531617_45f42498b6_o1.jpg

685539047_9725727d86_o1.jpg

esk2B.jpg

685530941_cca482eefe_o1.jpg

Scott

Very nice, there huge :thumbsup:. When you gonna put the tyres on :)

Nice looking car Scott

I'm a hugh fan of the A4 Avant.

But for me the wheels look way to big for the car.
Your car though, so if you like them then thats good enough for me.

fecking hell they look huge!!

Cant make my mind up on them though.

me personally love the 5spoke so if it was me going for aftermarkets then id be getting 5 spoke, they'd look even bigger and the rotation would look sweeeet!!

I dont like the new ones.
Looked much better with your old wheels imo.

I was a big fan of your SSW meshes, Scott.

These alloys are just too imposing on a car like this. Unique, certainly, but I'm not sure they work on an A4 Avant. Still loving the slammed look though.

should have gone for 18s IMO they dont really flow with the look of the car

yes, 20"/19" is too big!! no comfy ride. Prefer 18" for better handling, comfy ride, especially with kids on board.

I pass this car every day on the way to work and in person I think they look really good, Although I did really like your old ones too.

How do you find the ride now? has it been Seriously compromised?

ozique said:
yes, 20"/19" is too big!! no comfy ride. Prefer 18" for better handling, comfy ride, especially with kids on board.

There is virtually no difference in ride between 18" and 19". I have had both, and any difference noticed would be because subconsciously I knew I had changed tyres.

golf said:
There is virtually no difference in ride between 18" and 19". I have had both, and any difference noticed would be because subconsciously I knew I had changed tyres.

Hell yeah I totally agree!!!

Thanks for the comments guys - good or bad!!

If you think they look big in the pictures, you should see them in person!!

To be honest, the ride isn't that bad at all. It's a bit firmer than the 19" rims, but nowhere near as bad as you would imagine. The old wheels were nice, but I get fed up pretty quickly and like to try new things with the car. Hell, if no one took a chance now and again we would all still be running about on 16" rims with big flabby tyres.....I remember the days when 18" wheels were considered "too big" HaHa!!

Thanks for the comments anyway - always good to drop a wee controversial mod into the mix now and again to generate a wee debate.

Cheers

Scott

Scott

hey scott I remember the days when 15" mark4 Rs turbo alloys were Massive.

17" were the badboy wheels then.

...but yes as you say, we all cant be the same and its what you like yourself at the end of the day. Id love to see these in person though, Bet they look big as ****.

:respekt:to ya mate!!....

......so when are the 22" coming..:eyebrows:

I remember when 14" 3 spoke alloys was the dogs.
Thank god they didnt last.:puke2:

gtiglasgow said:
Thanks for the comments guys - good or bad!!

If you think they look big in the pictures, you should see them in person!!

To be honest, the ride isn't that bad at all. It's a bit firmer than the 19" rims, but nowhere near as bad as you would imagine. The old wheels were nice, but I get fed up pretty quickly and like to try new things with the car. Hell, if no one took a chance now and again we would all still be running about on 16" rims with big flabby tyres.....I remember the days when 18" wheels were considered "too big" HaHa!!

Thanks for the comments anyway - always good to drop a wee controversial mod into the mix now and again to generate a wee debate.

Cheers

Scott

Scott

you the man:icon_thumright:

james0808 said:
I remember when 14" 3 spoke alloys was the dogs.
Thank god they didnt last.:puke2:

Remember when they were all stone! now they were bad!

just be thankfull every Mk2 Golf doesn't drive around on BBS RM's.... oh wait... they do! :(

seriously though, the car looks phat with those wheels!

which suspension kits are recommended to ride on 20" rims? think bilstein with eibach will do .... or no?

Who makes those rims? I like the look and want to purchase some.

speedmike said:
Who makes those rims? I like the look and want to purchase some.

The wheels are made by Ascari and the wheel name is Cuervo. They also make these wheels in 8x18 for those of you who think 9x20 is a bit too extreme.

Scott

Wheels look awesome mate. I can't beieve how big they look! Keep up the good work.

You know, I've looked at the pics a few times now and still can't decide if I like them or not. They've certainly got an appeal, but I'm not sure if that's just the sheer in-yer-face size of them. Think I'd like to see them in the metal before making my mind up.

At least you've given everyone something to talk about though Scott! :thumbsup:

What did you do with the old rims btw?

Light Speed said:
You know, I've looked at the pics a few times now and still can't decide if I like them or not. They've certainly got an appeal, but I'm not sure if that's just the sheer in-yer-face size of them. Think I'd like to see them in the metal before making my mind up.

At least you've given everyone something to talk about though Scott! :thumbsup:

What did you do with the old rims btw?

They actually look much better in the metal. No doubt you will see it about Glasgow. The old 19" rims have been sold onto a friend.

Scott

wheels look good and suit the car,

liked your old wheels aswell