Can i lower my A4 Sport with 19's???????

46TheDoctor

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor
Reaction score
Any of you guys lowered your Avants whilst running 19s? My tyres are 235/35/19 and rims are et35, will i get away with lowering it without any arch or arch liner mods as i dont wish to butcher, but i would like to slam it. How low can i go on standard sport shocks without puttin her under the knife? If any of you guys were successful what springs were used and how much lowering was achieved?????? Are there any other associated probs? I.E driveshafts rubbing on ARB like i had on a MK4 Golf????:racer:

I was running 8.5x19 ET35 with 235x35x19. Car was seriously slammed on coilovers (not sure how low - maybe something like 80mm!!). Didn't have to do any bodywork, but did cut back some of the rear arch liner (the carpet type stuff). I have now fitted 8x20 (front) and 9x20 (rear) wheels. So far, everything still seems ok - LOL!!

Scott

gtiglasgow said:
I was running 8.5x19 ET35 with 235x35x19. Car was seriously slammed on coilovers (not sure how low - maybe something like 80mm!!). Didn't have to do any bodywork, but did cut back some of the rear arch liner (the carpet type stuff). I have now fitted 8x20 (front) and 9x20 (rear) wheels. So far, everything still seems ok - LOL!!

Scott

20's :hubbahubba:.....pics then!!!!!!

hey dude,
mines lowered to the maximum on eibach coil overs (i think its about 60mm) there set to the lowest setting, it did rub initially, but only when full loaded on two spots, the first was the screw on the front arch at the top the second was the rear arch lining, on my car the lining was sagging a bit at the top the needed adjusting abit, nothing major, no direct body hits.... thank god....

i have got 8" wide on the front and 9" on the rear tho...

J7USS said:
20's :hubbahubba:.....pics then!!!!!!

HaHa - don't have any pics as yet. Going to VagFest show on Sunday so will no doubt get some pictures then.

Last summer i run 8.5x19 ET 35 with 235/35x19 without problems. The car was lowered with Eibach Sportlinesprings. These springs lower 50mm in front and 40-45mm in the back. www.eibach.de

I now run 8.5x20 ET 35 with 235/30x20 with KW coilovers. I have lowered it maybe 70mm and it runs like a dream. :icon_thumright:

Cheers for the useful link:icon_thumright: