18" Cross Spoke Alloys

JohnboyC

Reaction score
My Nov 2003 Audi A4 Avant 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport, originally came with 18" Cross Spoke bolted alloys (an optional extra I understand), sporting 235/40/ZR18 tyres.....these alloys are more often seen on Audi TT's.....

The wheels were professionally refurbished by the Audi dealer I purchased the car from, and are totally immaculate.

Not wishing to spend EVERY sunday morning cleaning these wheels with a toothbrush, I changed them for a set of replica 18" RS6's which in my opinion make the car look brilliant........and they are a doddle to keep clean....

Question is I want to offload the original 18" Cross Spokes alloys (without tyres) possibly on Fleabay.....whats everyone think they are worth ? :o.k:
Otherwise the cross spoke alloys will spend the next 2 to 3 years in my garage roof gathering dust, to be refitted to the car when I sell it, as I am sure the RS6's will sell pretty easily.

Just out of interest, how much did you pay for the rep RS6 wheels and where from? I was going to buy some genuine ones for my cab but reps might be a better option.

Cheers.

The RS6's replicas came from Autosport Wholesale Ltd, 200 St Georges Road, Bolton, Lancashire, (just up the road from where I live)
Tel: 01204 397177
e-mail : sales@auto-sport.co.uk

which were advertised (on e-bay) at £499 for wheels and tyres.
I paid more cos the tyres that were going to be fitted were of a manufacturer I have never heard of, so I got Uniroyals fitted.....came to around £600.....They were a pleasure to deal with.....gave me new chrome wheel bolts, and Audi wheel centre sticky things...although since then I have refitted the original wheel bolts and bought the wheel bolt covers off e-bay for about £8.00.

I have a problem buying 2nd hand alloys, cos who knows what they have been through......I was watching a set of original Audi 18" RS6 alloys on E-bay and they went for over £800.....which is bonkers in my opinion......quite happy with my replicas - at least they have not been rammed into a kerb or buckled in a past life....

Ive considered changing mine just down to the fact what you mentioned, The ****** Cleaning ****** you off on a Sunday morning, It takes me nearly an Hour on all 4 wheels, I start to lose interest and reckon sometimes my car suffer for that when it comes to cleaning it.

.....saying that, what the ****** 'ell am I looking at BBS Lm's for then, DUH!!!!!:wacko: