Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Latest breakdown on my S4 V8 lemon

There I was, 100 miles away about to go to a meeting when I notice a groaning/grinding noise from the front end at low speed/nearly full lock turns.

After the meeting I asked one of the transport guys to come have a listen (I'm becoming a hypo'car'ndriac-everytime I hear a noise I think the worst) When he sugested lifting the bonnet (all who've read previous installments will know that even this is a hit and miss affair!) to see if the engine mounts are loose I knew it was time to call the dealer.

They said don't drive it, call Audi rescue. At this point I had 4 hours 'till the deadline for personally submitting a tender for work which I had planned for my way home.

They assured me they'd be there in 2 hours so I sat with my customers and drank their coffee.....for over 5 hours!

Got to the dealers and they gave me a lovely diesel A3 to get home in. Just the part to go to important meetings with potential new clients.

At least they hung on for me.

So, they've got it now. And they can keep it. I'll let you all know what happens next.

*previously posted on www.rs246.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Latest breakdown on my S4 V8 lemon

I feel for your buddy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Latest breakdown on my S4 V8 lemon

getting the same noise from mine as i drove it out of the forecourt with seven miles on the clock.
    does the vehicle pdi really pick up anything or to the point are audi really interested?

Neutral

Status

Re: S4-V8 Gearbox/power steering/electric/problems

I've had my RS6 for 6 months/10k miles now. Who needs an S4 anyway!! At least when I finally had the rejection accepted they allowed me full retail against the RS6. They didn't seem to appeciate how strongly I felt, after all this was not a company purchase but me spending my cash. Now they've had 60K; do you think they appreciate it? I'll let you know if they ever sort out the squeaking brakes.........

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    installer69 said:
    I've had my RS6 for 6 months/10k miles now. Who needs an S4 anyway!! At least when I finally had the rejection accepted they allowed me full retail against the RS6. They didn't seem to appeciate how strongly I felt, after all this was not a company purchase but me spending my cash. Now they've had 60K; do you think they appreciate it? I'll let you know if they ever sort out the squeaking brakes.........

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have as much luck with cars as me!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] see my current thread in this section..... Don't expect any gratitude for your loyalty, all car dealers are as bad as each other........ If you have a problem that won't go away, they don't really give a sh!t.

5th Gear

Status

Having said that, Audi customer services are very good, I would reccomend involving them in any ongoing problem.