For Sunroof Owners

Ekkie

Reaction score
Guys,

When sunroof is opened and all windows closed im experiancing winf noise in the cabin. When opeing a window a little this stops. The wind deteror on the sunroof seems to be fine. Have any of you experienced this and what is the solution?

Thanks
Ek

Same here I think, Ill check when it stops ****** raining!!

Is it like a pulsing that affects your eardrums quite a bit? If so I've never had a sunroof equipped car that didn't do it.

Haven't had a sunroof for years now simply because of that.

Correct like that pulsing effect - i guess you just have to have another window slighty open to have the sunroof open...

Its just an air pressure build up. With the Golf the roof opens to a position where buffeting is minimal, or you can make it open completly. The faster you go the more it hurts your ears. The A4's i've been looking at don't have them so i'm thinking of having one retro fitted at a later date

It's because the vents in the boot (if they're in the boot on an Audi) are not opening enough. on my Mondeo I took the covers off them and that helps, if you have a look at them you may find you can prop them open to relieve the pressure.

This happens in every car, even an old Sierra I had used to do it.

I remember a couple of guys on the uk-mkivs.net forum posting about sunrooves and rear windows blowing out, bit extreme but that was somehow linked to pressure build-up.

So, probably best to go for the open window solution......

It starts (on mine) from about 35mph, through to about 50-55mph, then stops.

Therefore the trick is never drop below 55mph !

Or dont have the roof open, just tilt it & then there is no problem! Well thats what I do anyway!