stupid question, Re. aircon

chris_20

Reaction score
guys when i put the climate control down to 'Lo' does this mean that i have engaged the air con?? just that im not sure how to turn the air con on. i think it may need re-gassing as it just blows out warm air but i want to make sure that when its on 'Lo' that this is the air con.
sorry if its a silly question but just to save any confusion/embarressment before i call the air con guys.

cheers folks

Yes thats all you do. BUT if the ECON button is pressed and lit, it will turn off the compressor and so wont blow cold

Cheers

Simon

Like Simon said (anyone remember that game?), just make sure the ECON button is not lit up as this will not engage the compressor, and you wont get your lovely icey breeze.

It more than likely will probably need regassing. It's around £45 from places like Kwik Fit, so it's not too bad.

If you want cold air dont press the ECON button

Simon says " If you want cold air, dont press the ECON Button"

Which one is correct?

Simon says

aircon is always on with climate control, unless you press the ECON button.

cheers boys, didnt know kwik fit done the regassing. how long does the process take, could it be done in dinner hour for example?

Doesn't setting the temp to 'LO' automatically switch the 'ECON' button off if it is on?

golf said:
It more than likely will probably need regassing. It's around £45 from places like Kwik Fit, so it's not too bad.

Just had me car serviced at audi today, They rang me up about an hour after dropping car of and say would you like to re-charge your air conditioning, as it it is recommended after every 2 years it needs re-charging and it costs £122 +vat, Im glad I declined this as you say £45 to re-charge air con is better than £122+vat.

Kwik-fit regassing takes about 1 hour. They suck all the gas out first, do a vacuum test, then regas.

If you haggle you might get it for £24.99, as they had it on their website briefly as that.

My mates a kwik fit fitter and hes the one to trust. (Oh god)