Ideas on suspension replacement

nlldavies

Reaction score
Due to a possible house purchase I've decided that I may have to keep my current A4 Avant 1.9TDi for a couple of years more.

The car has done a hassle free 150K since I bought it new in 2003 and is tidy enough for me to hang on to. The problem is that the suspension has gone very wallowy.

The original spec of the car was SE which I think may have had uprated suspension, but I could be wrong.

Can anyone suggest a decent suspension upgrade kit that will get the suspension back up to spec and where I can purchase from please?

I'm not after lowering or hard rides!

Thanks
N

I put a koni ssk kit with adjustable damping on mine.I think on the softest setting its 25% firmer than standard.Available all over the net.
You can also fit a RS4 rear anti roll bar which really helps.Vagparts.
All for around £500.

Sorry to jump on your thread However I too have a SE and its on 100K miles great car but being new to Audis I am not to well up on how the suspension is supposed to handle - I have noticed that when going round corners and this might sound silly but the car does roll a lot easier than my old car which had done in excess of 170k - would that indicate issue with suspension? the ride on uneven surfaces is very smooth just it tends to drift or dip when going round. I thought with the larger sized tyres and the lower body than my previous it would handle a lot better. If it is an issue with suspension can you not just get shock absorbers to rectify- Again sorry if a dumb question.:bye:

The SE has softer suspension than Sport models, if you want less roll without going too mad get some decent aftermarket stuff or source some Sport spec suspension.

Does anyone know if suspension parts can be swapped from model to model. For example, will the suspension from an A4 1.8T fit an A4 1.9TDI? The reason I ask is that I have the full genuine Audi suspension from a 2004 1.8T S-Line. It was taken off my car at 16,000 miles when I fitted my coilover suspension. I would sell the full Audi suspension for a reasonable price.

Scott