A4 Cabriolet Wheels and Suspension

aadams1x

Reaction score
Help!

I am new to this forum and indeed to Owning an A4 Cab, I have had an A4 Quattro Sport 130 TDI for a couple of years and have just changed to the a4 Cabriolet 06 Plate 2.0 TDI. It is not the sport but the standard model but i have bought 18" rs6 wheels. The car arrives tomorrow, what will the ride be like with the 18's and non sport suspension and ride height, will be fitting all tommorow. I am thinking as i am used to the sports suspension i might miss it but interested to know your thoughts and what my options are, can you just buy the sport springs to lower the car a little if needed???? Thanks in advance :)

The car will look like a rollerskate on the standard suspension. On the Sport, the drop is bearable, but even then lowering is probably suggested.

You could just get lowering springs but you'd need to change your shocks as well as the ride will be crashy.

golf said:
The car will look like a rollerskate on the standard suspension. On the Sport, the drop is bearable, but even then lowering is probably suggested.

You could just get lowering springs but you'd need to change your shocks as well as the ride will be crashy.

I agree with Golf on his comments. Without the sport suspension it will look very high even on 18's

Mine is a 2003 plate T-Sport and I have 19" Alloys. It looks ok but as mentioned above could do with a proper 35mm lowering sport kit from Koni or such like.

To give you a idea here is mine

rear1.jpg

side2.jpg

Good luck with the new car

Geforce, :aggressive:Can you please stop flashing your fine *** Cab please, It makes me angry!!

HAHA, I am selling it very soon !!
Split with my Girlfriend so taking on the Mortgage by myself is proving to be very costly. Gutted!!!!

GFORCE said:
HAHA, I am selling it very soon !!
Split with my Girlfriend so taking on the Mortgage by myself is proving to be very costly. Gutted!!!!

HA know that feeling, managed to keep the avant for the time but only time will tell !!!!!!