milltek erection!

SteveS

S6 avant
Reaction score
anyone noticed this? yesterday after returning from a fast drive i got out, walked past the back of the car and noticed that my tail pipes were sticking out about 2" past the bumper. i assumed some thing had come loose so unlocked the garage, got an old bit of carpet and went to investigate only to find they were back level with the bumper again! it can only be heat expansion but 2inches! its a wonder it doesnt knock on something. ive heard people moan about millteks not fitting well, maybe this is the reason.

ive just been reading what you wrote on another thread about your s3 milltek giving no gains in hp. ive never believed that pipes or induction kits give any real hp and ive never noticed the diference after fitting them. milltek say 15hp at the wheels on an s4, cant see it myself but before i bought mine i tried a bog standard one at shrewsbury audi and mine definatly goes better. as far as i know nothing else has been done to it so its either just the different way the two cars have been driven during their life or the milltek works well on the s4. it certainly looks nice, sounds nice and fits neatly. pity they couldnt get it right on the s3!

scuttla 69 said:
Must be that lambo noise! Release the beast rar mine stills sounds like a v10 rar!

ha, ha. you wasted on here mate, you should be on ukgold with all the other comeadians who were once funny.

what type of milltech system have you got, is it a full system, cat back system, resonated or non-resonated down pipes, high flow cats?

I have full system, custom high flow cats and resonated downpipes, with all that and a custom remap from germany and 6 hours tuning via computer hookup while my motor was on the dyno im up to 378bhp, confirmed by dyno, tuning and more torque than an RS4 only by a couple of ft/lbs but still got it up there, wasent cheap mind you.

SteveS said:
ha, ha. you wasted on here mate, you should be on ukgold with all the other comeadians who were once funny.

Yes but they were still funny at 1 time! Hows the miltek anyways still raring threw the charvers with that lambo sound! sorry bud lol:friends:

scuttla 69 said:
Yes but they were still funny at 1 time! Hows the miltek anyways still raring threw the charvers with that lambo sound! sorry bud lol:friends:

What exactly are you on about?

I have no idea either.

Is there a Babelfish translator for scuttla 69 to English?

Or maybe a stricter enforcement of the Forum rules regarding the use of the English language would make things easier for the rest of us?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=36835
i would'nt worry too much about it looking boy racerish shufti, after all there will be lots of unmistakable V8 noise coming out of it and chavs generally go for cars with very little horsepower and that 'broken backbox' type noise. ive been dying to give a boy racer a good pasting in mine but i think they are scared of it as it sounds like a lambo with the milltek on! It was on that thrread!

Scuttla, please go away.

I don't think Steve was being entirely serious when he described the sound from his S4 as a Lambo. Anyway the S6 and S8 have 5.2 V10 engines derived from Lamborghini's so it's not completely unreasonable for an Audi to sound similar to an exotic Italian car.

Ess_Three said:
Or maybe a stricter enforcement of the Forum rules regarding the use of the English language would make things easier for the rest of us?

Did you read that Scuttla?

Scuttla, you obviously must have a bit of money to be able to afford a TT Roadster, but how you ever got a job with your literacy skills is quite baffling.

golf said:
Scuttla, you obviously must have a bit of money to be able to afford a TT Roadster, but how you ever got a job with your literacy skills is quite baffling.

HA HA HA HA nice one!!!!

I WON THE LOTTERY MATE! I also have a spanking new r32 but hey am thick as pigshit lol! Its not what u do with your brains it your hands in my case I admitt am not the sharpest in the tool box. Thanxs for your compliments tho lad xxx

Marko-S4 said:
what type of milltech system have you got, is it a full system, cat back system, resonated or non-resonated down pipes, high flow cats?

I have full system, custom high flow cats and resonated downpipes, with all that and a custom remap from germany and 6 hours tuning via computer hookup while my motor was on the dyno im up to 378bhp, confirmed by dyno, tuning and more torque than an RS4 only by a couple of ft/lbs but still got it up there, wasent cheap mind you.

sorry its been a week but ive been in kent. i think its cat back, its a resonated rear because its got centre boxes and i didnt think the 'non' version had them but it is quite loud at times. the dealer i had it from didnt seem to know but a good look under it on my mates ramp this week will tell for sure. when i get the log book back i'l get in touch with the last owner too. ive had a look at the pictures on millteks site so i can compare them with whats on it.
Ive done a 1000k this last week and im really pleased with it so far, its thirsty but i expect that of a 4.2.