Nice cheap modification for you!!

gtiglasgow

Reaction score
Picked up my B7 RS4 side engine cover today. Think it cleans up the engine bay quite nicely by hiding some of the wiring/pipework. What do you guys think?

P7200553.jpg

Scott

is it the plastic cover around the washer bottle and power steering tank? My 3.0 has that...is it not standard? I also have a cover over the battery area too?

Yep, thats the one mate. Standard on the 3.0, but not on the 1.8T. The battery cover was fitted to earlier models, but not 2004 models (or so I have been told :think: )

Whatever its from it looks alot better than not having one.:icon_thumright:
I would defo get the battery cover too.

Gti glasgow - Looks tidy, how much that set you back mate??

jesus, Audi selling something without hitting 3 digits.....

Sorted, Do you have a part number, I wont say no!!:icon_thumright:

Does it fit on TDI or is it 1.8T engines only

banny said:
Does it fit on TDI or is it 1.8T engines only

The cover comes from the new RS4 mate, so it must fit a number of different A4 models. I am not sure of the engine bay layout of the TDI - have a look at the picture I posted at the start of this thread - if your engine bay layout looks similar, it should fit.

Scott

Never realised the battery cover wasn't on the later cars - thought it was missing on my 53-plate as both the 51 and 52 plate cars we've had were fitted with one.

my 02 TDI 130 has the battery cover but not the side cover.

:icon_thumright: NICE 1 m8, just ordered 1 from my local stealer, if it dont fit my tdi then i dont think i'll do much crying over the £12 lost lol but looking @ it, there doesn't seen to be any difference from ther tdi and 1.8t on that side!

TINTMASTER said:
:icon_thumright: NICE 1 m8, just ordered 1 from my local stealer, if it dont fit my tdi then i dont think i'll do much crying over the £12 lost lol but looking @ it, there doesn't seen to be any difference from ther tdi and 1.8t on that side!

Can you let me no how you get on with the fitting? i have a A4 tdi and wouldnt mind one if it fits, hope you dont mind being the guinea pig...but you would save me £12 if dont fit!!:thumbsup:

:icon_thumright: no probs gkf9, it has to come from germany so they said it'll be monday and with the postal strike i'm probably looking @ the end of next week :keule: but i'll throw up some pix when it arrives for the tdi clan.

looking forward to it, sure does look nice in the pics

Yeah, real bargain guys.

Looks over better when painted!! I have had all of the engine plastics painted silver to match the bodywork - looks pretty cool. Will try and get some pictures up at some point.

Scott

TINTMASTER said:

Should fit on with a little wiggle here and there on a 1.9 tdi as i saw Mcgough do his on my 1.8t fits straight in.

well got the cover and decided to give it a quick wee fit to see if i'd run into any problems! :readit:
It seems to fit ok bar a wee bit that i might have to sand/cut away so it can lay snuggly down behind the headlight :meeting:
The wee square/block bracket that holds the headlight loom is the only thing stopping it from doing this but an hour down in the garage should sort this out fingers crossed :icon_thumright:
some quick wee pix...................

enginecover3.jpg

enginecover.jpg

enginecover2.jpg

Like tintmaster said had to do abit of surgery to get it to fit
round the wiring loom.

Here i cut the bottom off the plastic to stop
it getting in the way of the wiring loom...and the long bit of plastic off the top.
1.jpg

Looks well imo..nothing really holds it down that well but seems to stay in place ok.
2.jpg

Got mi self a new battery cover as well...i snapped by accident a few of the plastic fixing tabs off so it was abit loose..all tight and smug now...not bad £17.24 all in off Audi..dont think i will ever get anything that cheap off them again?
3.jpg

Finally got some time to adapt the cover and have to say it made a nice changr to the engine bay ;)
Even decised to spray n lacquar the engine cover too lol :rockwoot: its amazing what ya can do when your flat out @ work. Even went to the hassle of replacing the engine temp sensor when the cover was off.

enginebay3.jpg

enginebay.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

enginebay4.jpg

I really like the painted engine cover.
Is it just a matter of a coat of primer then a couple of coats of paint?

Does it need laquered?

Thi might be my next wee mod

I'll certainly be buying a battery cover and side cover for the engine bay, really tidy's it up

Crackin job mate!

Andy D said:
I really like the painted engine cover.
Is it just a matter of a coat of primer then a couple of coats of paint?

Does it need laquered?

Thi might be my next wee mod

I'll certainly be buying a battery cover and side cover for the engine bay, really tidy's it up

Crackin job mate!

:icon_thumright: YIP thats all 8, but leave it to harden over night if you can! or if your REALLY bored give it a wee rub down with wet n dry sand paper before you spray it lol

Guys,

Now that the avant has been sold, I will be selling my RS4 cover. It has been professionally painted Silver (cant remember the paint code but was the same colour as my avant). This is a professional paint job, not a "rattle can" job. Open to offers around £20-£30.

Will also be selling off a few other bits and pieces shortly.

Scott

I have picked up the cover from the dealers, when I got round to checking the fit, i noticed a socket on the underside.
A quick call to the parts dept. has revealed there is a bolt that fits to this
socket and attaches to the header tank.
I should have this by the weekend.
Would anyone like pics and part No's ?

The mounting bolt part No is 8LO 805 596 A
This screws onto the header tank and the cover clips on

well got the cover and decided to give it a quick wee fit to see if i'd run into any problems! :readit:
It seems to fit ok bar a wee bit that i might have to sand/cut away so it can lay snuggly down behind the headlight :meeting:
The wee square/block bracket that holds the headlight loom is the only thing stopping it from doing this but an hour down in the garage should sort this out fingers crossed :icon_thumright:
some quick wee pix...................

enginecover3.jpg

enginecover.jpg

enginecover2.jpg

Does anyone know how to get the front rounded piece to attach to the fron of that car? I can see there is a hole for a bolt and I have a bolt - part number 8L0805596A and metal clip part number 4B0971998C as per advise in the threads, but can't see where this should bolt to on my car, as there's no mount.

On the S/RS4 there's a bracket riveted onto the front panel. The bracket has a bolt and spacer like on the washer bottle.

I just trimmed my one down and use a cable tie which I loop round another cable tie on the headlamp. It looks perfect, you can't see the cable ties.

BUB :thumbsup:

Does anyone have a part number for the side engine cover in 1st pics looks well and tidys up got most of the other covers now
cheers:uhm: