Coolant leak from under my car?

DIA

Reaction score
I have a 2002 a4 cab and I keep going low on coolant nearly every day. I now realise there is a crack on the plastic cover underneath the front of the car and thats where it looks to be leaking from. Does anybody what it could be and how much to repair?:confused:

DIA said:
I have a 2002 a4 cab and I keep going low on coolant nearly every day. I now realise there is a crack on the plastic cover underneath the front of the car and thats where it looks to be leaking from. Does anybody what it could be and how much to repair?:confused:

The plastic thing underneath is the undertray, this will have nothing to do with water leak, it just looks like its leaking from it.

What engine do you have, some weak points I have found on the 1.8T are

On the rear of the engine there is a jacket that divides up the water outlets, this is prone to splitting, it's a ***** job to change, cost me approx 150 quid as mine went big time.

On the front of the car under the radiator is a metal pipe that runs most of the way accross the front, it rusts and splits

Could be a pipe has split, you can see most of the pipes on 1.8t have a prod about.

hth

ronny said:
On the rear of the engine there is a jacket that divides up the water outlets, this is prone to splitting, it's a ***** job to change, cost me approx 150 quid as mine went big time.

Thats what went on mine, the rubber seal went hard and cracked,it was fully draining all coolant daily. Cost me about £80 to have it replaced and was apparently a pig of a job.

Thanks for the reply guys! But since that post ive had a coach hit my car while it was parked up, and to top it off the f****r drove off. So my cars sitting in the garage at the mo while im sorting the insurance claim out. By the way i have 2.4 engine.

Jeez, you dont have no luck :( sorry to hear about the drive off... at least you could now say the water leak wasnt there before the crash, although I never said that :)

i had the same problem with my audi there flange in the middle of the engine, after a while the flange will crack due to the heat from the engine.This common with most a4.so it should be ok.

Sent my car into audi today for assesment. Told them when i went to see my car after the smash there was loads of water coming out the front. They said they'll look at it and deal with it,:happy: And they gave me a 56 plate A4 2.0TDi S-Line as a courtesy - NICE!

Hello , been using the search engine as in URGENT need of some help ! , I have been told I have a leak here ( water jacket) , and today when I pulled up and turned engine off coolant coming from back of the block from some housing which appears to have 3/4 allen bolts fixing it to the block ? is this the same part ? how can I find one/how much and from whom?

Car is 2003 53 A4 CAB 20VT BFB 163BHP

ANT

the water flange is 14 quid from tps or audi , I done mine last week , if your handy with a spanner , go on you tube and look for audi a4 water flange change and you will see what needs removed .

ps dont get the part from euro parts , is for a transverse engine and no good for ours , I only found this out after stripping mine down lol ..

So is it the attached one , this is the one TPS told me it could be ( does it house the sensor) price for that is similar -

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 740
Okay cheers will get that tomoz then , cheers for the help pal , think I will order a new sensor at the same time seeing as its part of it too

Ant

Reactions: jimmcgee