Badger5Monster Motorsport
    DIA
    Reverse Gear

Status

Coolant leak from under my car?

I have a 2002 a4 cab and I keep going low on coolant nearly every day. I now realise there is a crack on the plastic cover underneath the front of the car and thats where it looks to be leaking from. Does anybody what it could be and how much to repair?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A4 1.8TQ

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DIA
    I have a 2002 a4 cab and I keep going low on coolant nearly every day. I now realise there is a crack on the plastic cover underneath the front of the car and thats where it looks to be leaking from. Does anybody what it could be and how much to repair?
    The plastic thing underneath is the undertray, this will have nothing to do with water leak, it just looks like its leaking from it.

What engine do you have, some weak points I have found on the 1.8T are

On the rear of the engine there is a jacket that divides up the water outlets, this is prone to splitting, it's a ****e job to change, cost me approx 150 quid as mine went big time.

On the front of the car under the radiator is a metal pipe that runs most of the way accross the front, it rusts and splits

Could be a pipe has split, you can see most of the pipes on 1.8t have a prod about.

hth
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ronny
    On the rear of the engine there is a jacket that divides up the water outlets, this is prone to splitting, it's a ****e job to change, cost me approx 150 quid as mine went big time.
    Thats what went on mine, the rubber seal went hard and cracked,it was fully draining all coolant daily. Cost me about 80 to have it replaced and was apparently a pig of a job.

DIA
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply guys! But since that post ive had a coach hit my car while it was parked up, and to top it off the f****r drove off. So my cars sitting in the garage at the mo while im sorting the insurance claim out. By the way i have 2.4 engine.

Audi A4 1.8TQ

Status
    Jeez, you dont have no luck sorry to hear about the drive off... at least you could now say the water leak wasnt there before the crash, although I never said that
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

1st Gear

Status

Leak

i had the same problem with my audi there flange in the middle of the engine, after a while the flange will crack due to the heat from the engine.This common with most a4.so it should be ok.

DIA
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Sent my car into audi today for assesment. Told them when i went to see my car after the smash there was loads of water coming out the front. They said they'll look at it and deal with it, And they gave me a 56 plate A4 2.0TDi S-Line as a courtesy - NICE!