Bose Sound Quality

JohnboyC

Reaction score
My 2003 2.5TDi Avant Quattro Sport has a Bose sound system fitted......driven by a Symphony Head Unit......

The base level seems to have a mind of its own...some stuff sounding incredibly "basey" - turning the base level down on the Symphony head unit seems to have little effect.......sometimes when the volume is low you get a really bad sort of base effect which dominates the sound......

Other times the Symphony Base setting seems to have a mind of its own.....randomly changing........I wonder if its covered by the Audi Warranty (10 months remaining)......

Having had Harmon Kardon stuff in my previous BMW's I find the Bose sound system a bit disappointing......

Anybody else think this or have this possible problem ?

Bose is rubbish, better than standard but eclipsed by after-market substitutes.

Our A4 has gala which means it changes the volume as the speed/background noise changes, could this explain the changing levels you are hearing?

If you pull the Hu and cut the wire going to the Bose pin on the back then you'll get a much better variation in sound from the bass & treble. For Bose "upgraded" cars the HU is the same, all they do is ground the Bose pin on the back which flattens the EQ on the HU. To me this sounds terrible, woolly bass and very little treble. Worth a try as you can easily reconnect it if it isn't to your liking.

I must have cut this on mine inadvertantly then, which pin is it?

It's the pin on the power ISO (bottom connector) either marked Bose or GA (GALA).
symphonyII_pin.jpg

Hi anyone,

I got an 2006 A4 Sedan and just bought a new Bose system for it. Did anyone here experience to retrofit bose system ever? If so, can you guys please advise me?

Cheers,
kemthongminh