WHEEL CHANGE 16" TO 19"

RMOPR

Audi A4 Quattro Cab
Reaction score
Hello, can anyone help me. First, this is the first time I have used a forum so please bear with me.

I have an Audi A4 1.8 T Quattro Cabriolet 2004 with the original 16" alloys on and I have been offered RS4 19" 235/35/19 replicas with an ET 35. Is this possible and what, :faint: if any problems would I incur. Many thanks

Hi there i have done exactly as you intend to do, even same offset et35, you will incurr no problems at all you will only improve matters, steering response and handling will both improve, there are only 2 small and i mean small drawbacks and that is ever so slightly increased roadnoise and the suspension will feel ever so slightly firmer, but when i say this it is hardly noticeable and really wont worry you at all...............:icon_thumright:

Thankyou ever so much for your speedy response. what tyres are you running. These tyres have kumhos on

Thanks ever so much for your speedy response. What tyres are you running? These have kumhos - what are they like?

As yours is an S line - is this a different suspension? - sorry i dont know

Firstly im running Toyo Proxes T1-S which perform exellently however they wear out really quickly, but the Kumhos are perfectly fine as ive had them on previous cars. My suspension will be slightly lower than yours but this wont make any difference regarding fitment, yours may require lowering to make it a bit easier on the eye, but certainly isnt compulsory. Hope this helps.:hi:

If yours is a sport you might get away with the suspension but if its an SE it will look too high and will need lowering.

Thanks - no mines not an sport so I dont want it to look silly - what do you think about 18

Thanks to both of you. It would cost too much to be lowered, I might have a re think

RMOPR said:
Hello, can anyone help me. First, this is the first time I have used a forum so please bear with me.

I have an Audi A4 1.8 T Quattro Cabriolet 2004 with the original 16" alloys on and I have been offered RS4 19" 235/35/19 replicas with an ET 35. Is this possible and what, :faint: if any problems would I incur. Many thanks

I went from 16s to 19s with no problems and mine is a sport suspension.
Hope that helps

Thanks, ive got to look into mine as its not a sport - yours looks good. Did you have original audi`s or replica - they look original to me.

If yours is not lowered then I'd seriously recommend dropping it a few centimetres as the standard suspension on 19's will look a bit daft.

I upgraded my 16's to 19's too, and I can honestly the difference is minimal in terms of ride quality. It handles better and looks meaner.

RMOPR said:
Thanks, ive got to look into mine as its not a sport - yours looks good. Did you have original audi`s or replica - they look original to me.

I went for the italian reps as they are a pretty good copy and are not the usual multi stud wheel and the quality is much better.

I agree if yours is a standard suspension set up then you will need to lower her as it will look quite high.

golf said:
If yours is not lowered then I'd seriously recommend dropping it a few centimetres as the standard suspension on 19's will look a bit daft.

^^^^^ x2

Bit off topic but if you do lower it before the wheels go on get an RS4 RARB and bushes from vagparts too,quite cheap and makes a big difference.

I have 19's on the cabriolet with no problems, just come back from a 400 mile round trip to Manchester with no problems whatsoever.
Just in case anyone is interested, I have a set of genuine 18inch RS4 style wheels any tyres sitting here (like the ones in J7USS's pic) that I need to move on to finance my RNS-E and Brembo projects !
PM me for info anyone !

As for the 19's, a couple of my mates say go for 20s !