Turbo whine after REVO

Mini Type R

Reaction score
Had a REVO trial a couple of weeks ago on my 190 quattro, after it was installed the turbo was much louder almost a whine, I could hardly it at all before. Since it ran out I can still hear the whine, although it's much quieter, almost like the turbo in a turbo diesel.

Is it normal for the turbo to be much louder with the REVO software installed? Should I still be able to hear it now it's run out, or is there something wrong?

Richard

Its normal to hear the turbo more as its spinning alot faster to produce the higher boost pressure.

Got to say the turbo never got any louder after my remap.

You can hear it through the Milltek now but you'd expect that!

BUB

Like James said, after the remap the turbo will work harder to create extra boost and will be louder. It's quite normal. Unless you're hearing a constant drill like sound?

I remember when I first bought my A4, I was so disappointed with the performance and lack of noise, that I had it remapped on the way home! Much better now, but still nowhere near as fast as I'd like.

My turbo on my passat used to whistle alot more after remap

Thanks for the replies, it probably is that I never noticed it before, I guess I'll just get it done properly and then I won't have to worry about what it sounds like now!!

Richard

FYI - after installing Revo trial file, it reverts itself to "stock looking" Revo file, not your stock Audi file.

So at least in theory, it is perfectly possible that the stock Revo file makes your turbo work harder than your original Audi file did.

Mine did the same, but my turbo had gone. :bye:

If you're not noticing a drop in performance it's probably just it working harder for you.